8

Surprise!

I hopped out of the shower and checked the time. Fuck. I had less than 30 minutes to get ready. I wrapped my hair in a towel and rushed to do my skin prep.

I moisturized before deciding against a full face makeup routine. I didn't know what to expect at the party and I definitely didn't want that much attention so I settled on using just mascara and lip gloss.

I rummaged through my drawers to find a simple gold necklace to wear. Any color jewelry would work with my white dress but I loved gold jewelry.

Just as I was about to blow dry and straighten my hair the doorbell rang. I cursed at myself and sprinted down to the door.

"Chauffeur for Miss Cat!" Marc said in a French accent when I opened the door.

I froze when I saw him standing there all dressed up. He was wearing a white satin long sleeve dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a few buttons undone. His black dress pants and a Calvin Klein belt really topped the job.

Holy wow he looked good. A little too good. What's wrong with me? I needed to just disappear for a moment.

"You'll catch flies dear." Marc continued to use that fake french accent.

"Sorry, um." I didn't know what to say.

"You curled your hair?" He asked and reached out for a strand of my wet hair.

"Um no." I said. "I just got out of the shower and I was going to straighten it but seeing as you're already here I guess I won't have time."

"I like your hair like this." He smiled softly.

"Thanks." I smiled back. "Shall we?"

He nodded and I followed him to his car and we headed out to the party.

=====

"Marc are you sure we're at the right place?" I asked as he parked his car.

The house was pretty large and isolated—the perfect party house—but there were no lights or sounds or anything else. No cars parked nearby, no sign of people anywhere.

"This is the address though." He said as he got out of the car.

I followed him up the steps to the front door. I looked around nervously. What if there wasn't an actual party? What if he lied and this was something else?

"Cat? You look like you've seen a ghost." Marc laughed.

"I'm fine. I don't think this is the right place, that's all." I shivered.

"It has to be..." He looked around before reaching for the doorknob.

"Wait! What are you—"

"Surprise!" I jumped back at the sudden shock.

My hands shot up to my face as I looked around the house. Gabi, Hector, Pablo, and Amanda all had huge grins on their faces. I also noticed a few of Hector and Marc's teammates as well as a few of my friends.