7

Birthday Girl

I woke up to the sound of knocking at the front door. I rolled over in bed waiting for Amanda or Pablo to open the door. I grabbed my phone to check the time.

It was 10am which meant that Amanda was at work and Pablo was probably over at Pedro's house. I sighed and found my slippers.

"I'm coming!" I groaned at the knocking that got louder by the minute.

I didn't even bother checking my appearance because I was not in the mood to deal with whoever was at the door.

I had gotten home a little later than usual. After coaching the Green Beans' practice, I spent some time getting Marc up to date with everything about the team. I was surprised he was actually serious about helping me coach.

Practice ends at 8 and I hit the gym right after meaning I get home around 10 and end up sleeping at 11. Yesterday was no different except that I spent an extra hour at the park with Marc which threw my whole night routine off by an hour.

"Chill out im coming!" I said as I reached the door.

I didn't even bother looking through the peephole because I knew I was ready to run someone off the place. I swung the door open and froze when I saw Marc standing outside.

"Good morning sunshine." He smirked, clearly sensing my bad mood.

"Pablo's not here." I crossed my arms and stared down at my bare legs.

I was wearing a Barca jersey that was about 3 sizes too big. I was wearing shorts underneath but it looked like I wasn't wearing anything underneath. I suddenly felt super self conscious.

"I know. I came to bring this back to you." He said as he handed me a folder with the boys' rec league information.

"Thought you didn't know where I lived." I smirked at him.

"Lucky guess." He shrugged.

I skimmed through the files to make sure everything was in order. I glanced up to see Marc leaning on the doorframe. Why wasn't he leaving?

"Thanks." I said, hoping he would leave but he just stood there. "Do you want to come in?"

"No." He said before waltzing into the living area of the apartment.

"So um, are you hungry? I could find something to eat." I said as I walked over to the kitchen.

"Cat can cook?" He looked at me with surprise.

"Cat can cook." I nodded my head. "I don't think Cat wants to cook for Marc though." I rolled my eyes.

"That's fine." He said as he plopped himself down on a stool. "Do you want to get lunch somewhere?"

I looked over at him and furrowed my eyebrows. He definitely didn't want to hang out with me. Did he not get the joke?

"I was just kidding, you know? I don't mind cooking." I told him.

"I know." He shrugged. "Do you have any plans for today?"

"Uh. No I don't think so." He was up to something. "What day is it?"