Out

Today was a mess of feelings. I have been doing pretty much nothing. Ritz and I'll hang out, then he'll leave for a bit. We talked about our feelings. We've done everything to make this home, and comfortable. So we got rid of some of my old stuff, stuff I wanted to forget, and moved some other stuff to the main house.

Ritz has been so nice and understanding this whole time. Since I was getting anxious Ritz let me turn on Netflex where I turned on my comfort show Big Lips. Once the show was on I was slumped on the couch watching it cuddled in some blankets from my room.

I made it through almost all the first season and then Ritz decided to join me on the couch. We don't really acknowledge each other but it was not awkward, it was normal.

That was until Ritz decided to open his smart mouth and chuckles "Hey that one reminds me of you

That was until Ritz decided to open his smart mouth and chuckles "Hey that one reminds me of you."
He was pointing at the character Matty, the gay character. I open my mouth without thinking and say "just because I'm gay doesn't mean I'm like him."

Oh shit.

We both kinda just look at each other.

I'm not out to anyone, even Velvet.

"I mean umm..."

"Venny, are you gay?"

I hesitate. I don't know if I should come out to him or not, I mean he doesn't look mad, and he is my best friend.

"Yeah, I am. No one knows, well besides you now."

I look down and feel tears in form in my eyes. I am just left with silence. Then I feel him embrace me.

"Thank you, thank you for trusting me enough to tell me."

I look up, smile then hug him back. He lets go and asks

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Yeah actually that would be nice."

"So when did you...find out?"

"Well I had just never been attracted to girls like that. I tried to. Velvet would try to set me up all the time but it just felt wrong, then I started watching shows with queer characters and it just clicked, I was gay..."

"Hey, what's with the long face, you seemed happy when you figured yourself out?"

"Well I was but then I realized all my fans think I'm straight, Velvet thinks I'm straight so I just hid that part of me."

"Oh Venny, that's awful you shouldn't hide that because of your fans and sister. You don't owe them a coming out either but you deserve to be happy. I mean I didn't tell the world I'm bi and I'm happy but I'm not hiding it either."

"Whoa whoa whoa... take a step back, your bi?"

"Yeah, but I only tell the people I trust."

And then he winks at me! My face is red. I can feel it. Hopefully he thinks it's from the crying, I can't let two secrets get out.

"Well Ritzy, thank you for telling me."
I smile. And just like that we went back to watching the show like nothing happened.