chapter 2: oh no

𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒆𝒅.....

Me and ke'lijah gasped as he slowly put his gun away and gave romani a small forced smile.

"Oh hey baby girl, what are you doing out your room?" He asked.

"I heard mommy crying..." Romani replied looking at me on the floor confused. I could tell she was worried about me because of the look on her face.

"Oh, mommy just doesn't feel very well..." Ke'lijah said. I was mad when he lied to our daughter knowing damn well he hurt me and that's why I'm holding my stomach.

Romani looked at me and waddled over to me. "Are you okay mama??" Romani asked concerned.

I nodded as ke'lijah stared at me. "Yes Mommy's baby, I just don't feel so good today..." I explained.

I didn't wanna lie to my baby , I wanted to tell her the truth but... I knew ke'lijah would beat my ass.

"Ok mommy... Should I get pink medicine?" She asked. "Nah baby girl, just go back to your room until is time to go, ight?" Ke'lijah said. "Ok...hope you feel better mama." Romani said then went to her room.

Ke'lijah looked at me and glared. "If you ever, and I mean ever! Get smart wit me again... Imma put yo ass in da hospital again, igh?" He said staring into my eyes.

"Yes Elijah..." I said in a hurt voice but quiet tone. "Get up." He commanded.

"E, how I'm supposed to get up I-"  before I could finish talking he interrupted me.

"Shut yo ass up and get up Jocelyn, I ain't say talk back." He said then grabbed me by the arm and yanked me up on my feet.

"Geeze ke'lijah, do you always have to be an asshole?" I asked holding my stomach groaning in pain

"Nobody bein a asshole, if you wasn't bein smart, I wouldn't have kicked you in yo shii, fuck you talm bout." He said and scoffed.

"You know what Elijah..." I said pausing for 2 seconds then continued. "I've had enough of your shit, putting yo fucking hands on me. is bad enough you gave me a black eye Infront of romani when she was 3 all because I had company over. I said and walked to the kitchen.

He laughed. "Whatchu gon do?? Put me back behind bars? Cuz I can do dat mah self." He said and laughed.

My bad ion know how this work.