The Events of 9/11

In order to understand how humanity and Americans were brought together over a tragedy that still effects the lives of Americans over twenty years later. 

          At 8:46 A.M. on September 11th of 2001, America was hit multiple times by terrorists attacks led by Bin Laden. The first of these attacks happened at 8:46 when American Airlines flight 11 hit the North Tower of the World Trade Center.

          Seventeen minutes later, a second plane (United Flight 175) collided with the South Tower of the World Trade Center. The South Tower would later collapse at 9:59. Later at 10:28 A.M., the North Tower would collapse as well. 

           Another hijacked plane, flight 77 of American Airlines, crashed into the west wing of America's security and defense building, the Pentagon, at 9:37 in the morning. 

           United Airlines flight 93 is another victim of the terrorist hijacking. Thanks to the heroic actions of the passengers and crew aboard the aircraft, the plane crashed into rural Pennsylvania. If the passengers and crew had not taken the situation into their own hands, the plane was estimated to crash into the Capitol Building. 

          After the collapse of both towers, it quickly became a rescue mission for first responders. Their goal was to get as many people out of the rubble as possible.

           On September 11th of 2001, 2,977 people died. This includes innocent civilians, first responders, passengers and crew of the flights, and by-standers of the whole situation. This day will forever be remembered as a National Tragedy. 

          As you think about everything that happened on that day, we tend to remember all of the bad things that happened. The damage and loss of life. I do truly believe that through this loss Americans found away to overcome this problem and become a whole.