CONNECTIONS AND PREPARATIONS

He was born in a small village on a mountain, away from any kingdom, everything was peaceful and calm. But sadly the same couldn't be said for the small swordsman, his mother hated him and hit him all the time, she didn't even gave name to her own child simply because she wanted a daughter yet she got a son, his father was a very loving, strong and rational man. Yet he couldn't do much because he went to battle with his fellow soldiers to gain gold and silver to provide for the village, when he had free time he taught his son everything he knew about the way of the sword, even tho his son was small and the sword he carried was as big as him, so the father usually called him "Spine".
When his father was away Spine's mother made him do all the chores and if he didn't do anything well enough he would be smacked with a rope or some wooden plank. During the night Spine was sneaking out of the house to a nearby hideout he made in the forest to take care of his injuries and play with the rocks before taking a nap there, making to sure to wake up before sunrise to go back home without his mother noticing. At this point Spine reached his 9th years of age so his father gladly took him with him at the battlefield, and Spine loved the idea, not only he got to spend time with his dad, but also now he could learn to protect himself from mother.
After their departure his father trained him day and night at the top of a small hill close to the campsite his father's army made to rest before the battle, and with every swing, Spine became faster and better at it, so much so that his own father was putting quite the effort against his son, which made him smile and gave his eyes more motivation and passion to teach him everything he knows. After a week long of training, resting and travelling, it was time for Spine's very first time on the battlefield...