Chapter 13. THE RACE

As you continued to run, Shoto behind, more robots had appeared to attack the others, hah, guess they were just unlucky

Mic continued to introduce people as they got passed the robots, it was all class 1A and TetsuTetsu from 1B.

"FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO THOUGHT THE FIRST OBSTACLE WAS EASY, LETS SEE HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE SECOND ONE" he said as people caught up, but you had already gotten trough, you had trained your climbing and jumping skills, you were a spider after all, you could just act as the rope was a web, so you crawled from rope to rope and when you got closer, you decided to jump your way from each rock till you got to the last one, where there was no rope, so you had shot a web from side to side and just crawled from that.

"LOOKS LIKE Y/N IS USING HER SPIDER LIKE SKILLS TO GET AHEAD, ONCE AGAIN! OH, WHATS THIS, IT LOOKS LIKE TODOROKI IS STILL GETTING BY EASILY AND FOLLOWING HER CLOSE BEHIND, I THINK WE CAN ALL SEE THERES SOME COMPETITION BETWEEN THE TWO OF THEM!"

While you had already ran up the red stairs you could hear bakugos explosions not far behind, and you figured he'd have more of a problem with 'icy hot' than you right now, you would be next on his target list after Shoto.

Meanwhile the crowd discussed may things about you and about Shoto. They had related you to your parents and brought up how your quirk was more similar to your fathers than Shotos was, except they didn't know that because they hadn't seen him use his fire yet. They discussed how you were more athletic than him but how you were both clever and clearly knew how to use your quirks well enough for your age. They said how spiderman was a great hero and some said he would have raised you better than midnight, some disagreed but others discussed how shotos father was the flame hero, second to all might and that there would be agencies fighting to have you both as sidekicks for sure.

As you and Todoroki had caught up to you in the last obstacle

"AS WE MOVE TO THE LAST OBSTACLE CAREFULLY, TODOROKI IS FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO Y/N!! EVERYONE HAD BETTER TREAD CAREFULLY, YOUR STEPPING ONTO A BOMB FEILD, IF YOU LOOK CAREFULLY, YOU CAN SEE WHERE THOSE LITTLE BOMBS ARE BURIED, SO KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE GROUND FOLKS! BY THE WAY, THOSE LAND MINES WERE DESIGNED FOR THE GAME SO THEY MIGHT BE LOUD AND FLASHY, BUT THEYRE NOT ALL THAT POWERFUL"

This is when your spidey senses came in use, so you raced straight ahead not thinking about b where you stood because you would know wether it would blow up on you anyways

"WOW, THERE Y/N GOES, STRAIGHT AHEAD, IVE GOT A FEELING WE KNOW WHOS GOING TO WIN THIS RACE! SHE CLEARLY ISNT SCARED OF DANGER AND HASNT BEEN BLOWN UP ONCE"

Todoroki was slower now and you were almost at the end, but you knew bakugo was close behind, but attacking Shoto

"AND JUST LIKE THAT A NEW PERSON TAKES TODOROKIS THE MEDIA IS GOING CRAZY!! HEY HEY HEY THE REST OF THE COMPETITORS ARE CATCHING UP TOO AND WHATS THIS? CAN TODOROKI AND BAKUGO FIGHT EACHOTHER WHILST Y/N IS STILL IN THE LEAGE, AND STAY INFRONT OF THE OTHER COMPETITION" mic continued to announce.

Just a few more steps and you'd made it, however there was a massive explosion from further down, way bigger than bakugous, so you ignored it and continued to run as mic announced who it was

"INCREDIBLE!!!! WHAT JUST HAPPENED?? WHATEVER THE CASE CLASS 1As IZUKU MIDORIYA COULD BE TAKING THE FIRST PLACE SPOTLIGHT FROM Y/N?!?"
Everybody watched in anticipation and eagerness as the competition was now between you and izuku.

"LOOK AT THAT PLOT TWIST, THEYRE ALL GAINING ON HER!!"

Your weren't going to loose now. You heard another explosion as you ran the fastest you ever had in your life. There was no way you were going to back down, this was your victory, you had convinced yourself.

"AIZAWA YOUR STUDENTS ARE AMAZING, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TEACHING THEM?!?"

Not looking behind you must have been your downfall. You couldn't believe it, you being too mindless about your surroundings, you hadn't noticed the third time izuku had rocketed into the air, damn. And just like that he flew above you, shocking the crowd and making mic make some comment, however you weren't focused on how he was narrating, you were in shock, you slung a web up to the broken piece of metal that he was flying on and pulled yourself up, you squatted behind him,

"Sick move 'Zuku, totally caught me off guard" you said as he grinned back at you. You both made it through to the stadium, but he was first, just a centimetre in front of you.

"WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT AT THE START OF THIS RACE THAT THE CLIMAX WOULD BE A NON STOP MEGA MIX OF SUPRISES, THE FIRST WHO MADE IT BACK TO THE STADIUM IS THE FIRST PLACE WINNER! IZUKU MIDORIYA IS OUR CHAMPION! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT ANYONE WOULD TAKE Y/N'S PLACE, IT SEEMS THOUGH SHE WASNT LETTING HIM GET AWAY,"

He said as the drone camera pointed towards you both, who you were right behind. The entire crowd screamed and you stretched and panted as you caught up your breath, while izukus hands dropped to his knees, you looked to him and held out your hand and he shook it, triumphantly.

You looked over to where midnight, and shrugged your shoulders in defeat, although 2nd place wasn't 'defeat' but you knew you could have gotten first place if you had tried to be more aware than cocky. But, hey second place is better than anything else.

But either way, aunt nem, or 'midnight' as you had to call her right now, looked as if she was about to cry because of how proud she was of you, sending you a thumbs up.

And while the crowed continued to go wild you heard someone shout, "SHES JUST LIKE SPIDERMAN!" And your face calmed, you had a feeling he'd be proud of you wether you were first or last.

The next to come out were todoroki and bakugo. Oh boy was bakugo mad.

"The first game from the first years is finally over and what a game it was!! Now let's take a quick look at the standing, shall we?" Midnight asked as now showed:

1. Izuku Midoriya : class 1A
2. Y/n Parker : class 1A
3. Shoto Todoroki : class 1A
4. Katsuki Bakugo : class 1A
5. Insta Shiozaki : class 1B
6. Juzo Honenuli : class 1B
7. Tents Iida : class 1A
8. Fumikage Tokoyami : class 1A
9. Hanta sero : class 1A
10. Eijiro Kirishima : class 1A
11. TestuTetsu TetsuTetsu : class 1B
12. Mashirao Okiro : class 1A
13. Yosetsu Awase : class 1B
14. Tsuyu Asui : class 1A
15. Momo Yaoyorouzu : class 1A

And continued from there.

"Only the top 42 were the best in the first round, but don't be to let down if you didn't make the cut, we've prepared other opportunities for you to shine" Midnight said, mischievously, making you laugh, watching her act like that was so funny, as you knew how weird and motherly she actually was.

"Now the real fun is about to begin.. the chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight! GIVE IT YOUR BEST!" ..."let's see what we have in store for you next, will your wildest fantasies come to life, oh the waiting is torture, prepare yourselves, FOR THIS" the screen read 'cavalry battle' and she explained the game, and the point value of what they got in the entrance course.

What was Midoriya going to do? Everyone was going to be against him, you saw him cower as everyone looked at him like he was a piece of meat, them being the dogs.