Chapter Three

Sloane

"Right now? But I'm not even packed," I spoke in a fluster

"Yes, you are," A slight smile formed on his lips as I turned to him with a curious expression. "I had your family be sure to gather some of your things for a little surprise I had planned."

The corners of my mouth softly curve up. "A little surprise?" I let out a quiet chuckle.

"Well, it's not every day that you get married, and I figured it would be a good chance to get to know each other away from all the..." He paused, finding the right words to describe the worlds we have now merged together.

"Chaos?" I spoke as I gave him a half smile.

His stormy eyes pulled me in, holding me hostage. "Exactly."

I swallow slowly under his gaze. "It's weird..isn't it?"

"What is?" Silas's head cocked to the side with a furrow to his brows.

I let out a slow breath, looking at the back of the seat in front of me. "Vowing our lives to each other before we even know a single thing about the other."

"That's not true," He spoke so confidently when my head whipped back in his direction.

"What do you mean?"

His broad shoulders slightly shrug. "I know plenty," Silas's husky tone was laced with a confidence that had my heart beginning to race.

"Like what? My name?" I spoke playfully as if unconvinced, but his look was more serious, making me shift in my seat.

Mischief reflected in his darkened eyes. "How you don't like having attention on yourself," A corner of his mouth slightly curved up. "You would rather blend in with others than have the spotlight shine on you," warmth covered my cheeks as he read me like an open book. "You have a small birthmark that's shaped like a heart just behind your left ear," I reached behind my ear, lightly brushing against my skin in surprise that he spotted it. "And you may look innocent, but those eyes show me another side to you."

I tilted my head, curious about what he saw. "What do they show?"

A sexy smirk formed on his lips. "Quite a fiery spirit, especially for those you care about," the back of Silas's hand gently ran along my cheek, sending a shiver of pleasure down my spine. "And undeniable desires."

My breath catches, finding myself looking at his sweet lips and back to those eyes coated in a charcoal cloud of grey. "Am I that easy to read?" I spoke barely above a whisper, just as he gave me a smile that had my heart thrashing around uncontrollably.

Silas slightly lowered his head without breaking his gaze on me. The closer he got to me, the more difficult it was to remember to breathe until I closed my eyes, waiting for the inevitable touch of his lips to mine. The touch I so desperately needed, but when it never came, I slowly opened my eyes in confusion and impatience to his face merely inches from mine now.