1.2.1: Familiarly Familial Pt. 1

AUTHOR NOTE:

When I started this, I expected that I would need to have some chapters split up into multiple parts so they don't get too long.

I did not expect for chapter two to be one of those.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Link Established: UX and Charlie are now connected.>

Hey... hey!

Woah, okay, calm down! I don't know why you're -

Hold on, what?

...

Ha! Of course you don't remember me, you're not supposed to! Think of me like... a guiding spirit, of sorts. I'm here to help you out.

...

Yes, I am Uxie. This shouldn't be that confusing considering the world you come from.

And before you say anything, yes, this is a different world. I'm here to run a basic diagnostic test to determine whether the transfer was fully successful.

...

It won't hurt! I'm just going to ask you a small question.

Do you remember your brother?

Anything?

Hey, wait-

Stop freaking out, I-

What do you mean, you-

You do?

Ugh, this is getting nowhere...

STOP!

...Okay. You need to listen to me. What else do you remember from your home world?

...

...

...

...Oh, dear.

The transfer was a failure, I need to tell D...

<Connection Lost.>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie forgot about his brother.

He forgot his brother. The only person who was there for him! And he just forgot that he existed because he was in some... other world?

Okay, that's already a little bit of a reach. Worst case scenario, he's in some sort of coma. Best case scenario, he's just sleeping for a little bit too long.

This wasn't real, it couldn't be real.

...

Right?

...

Charlie ran outside as fast as he could. He needed to get moving. If there was even a slight chance this was real, he needed to find a way back home. And he couldn't do that here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the Chikorita - er, Charlie - was gone.

Nick was, quite frankly, a little worried for him. He clearly didn't know how to fight, and could barely even walk around without tripping over himself. And also possibly suffering from some form of memory loss.

Ever since he had met Charlie, Nick was confused by him. On the walk to his house, the Chikorita made claims that were... fairly concerning. He talked about how he doesn't remember being a Chikorita, and how he must have been from somewhere far away from here, like another planet.