Chapter 2.5: A Chance Encounter With the Commander

A/N: This was originally supposed to be a bonus scene in Chapter 2, but because I decided to add the Publicly Available Information section at the end of each chapter after I had written it, I had to remove it and publish it as a separate chapter. This will likely be the only Chapter #.5 in this story, so don't expect any more of these in the future. Now, back to the story.

CHAPTER 2.5: A CHANCE ENCOUNTER WITH THE COMMANDER

Later that evening, following the events of Chapter 2...

Y/N's PoV

Y/N: Ah, that felt good.

Nothing beats a good shower to end my day. Now, time to hit the hay!

After buttoning up my shirt, I grabbed my towel and headed for the door before exiting the bathroom. Then, I headed for my quarters, which I shared with Oluo and two older Scouts, an Eld Jin and a Günther Schultz. However, when I reached the end of the hallway and turned left, I suddenly collided with someone rounding the corner.

Y/N: Oof!

I stumbled back and nearly lost my footing, but I quickly regained my balance before I could fall. However, as I steadied myself, a calm voice suddenly spoke up.

???: Oh, my bad. Are you alright there, soldier?

Y/N: Yes, I am -.

Wait, this calm voice. Is that...?

I then looked in front of me and found myself staring into a pair of piercing blue eyes. Then, I realized who the person standing before me was.

Y/N: C-Commander Erwin?!

Erwin: Yes?

Oh, shit! Oh, shit! Of all the people I could've bumped into, it just had to be the Commander! I must apologize to him quickly!

I quickly brought my fist to my heart and saluted him before things could get any worse for me.

Y/N: I-I apologize for my rudeness, sir! I didn't mean to run into you!

Suddenly, Commander Smith let out a chuckle, which greatly surprised me.

He's... laughing?!

He then smiled before patting me on the shoulder.

Erwin: It's okay, soldier. After all, it was just an accident. Now, at ease. There's no need to be so stiff.

Y/N: Are... are you sure?

Commander Smith gave me a reassuring nod, which was all the reassurance I needed before I relaxed and stopped saluting him.

Y/N: Oh, thank God.

As I exhaled a relieved sigh, the Commander stared intently at me before asking me a question.

Erwin: Say, you're one of the recruits from the 101st, correct?

I looked at him before nodding my head.

Y/N: Yes, sir. I am.

Erwin: I see. Well then, how are you liking it here with the Scouts? Are you fitting in nicely, or are there any concerns you have that you want to address?

Y/N: No, sir. I have no concerns at the moment and quite like it here.

Erwin: I'm pleased to hear that. Say, I don't think I got your name just yet. Would you mind telling me what it is?

Y/N: It's Y/N, sir. Y/N L/N from central Trost.

Erwin: L/N? As in L/N Woodworks?

Y/N: Yes, that L/N. My father, Bernhard, is the owner.