Chapter 10

Scott and Allison kept close to each other as they moved down the lower levels to get to the coach's office, looking everywhere they could to keep an eye out for their attacker.

"Thank God they're not near us." Allison whispered as they walked, remaining vigilant.

Scott nodded. "Let's just hope they're not attacking the others." He said as they arrived at the office door. He reached a hand out and tried the handle, attempting to turn it. "Dammit, it's locked."

"Do you think it'll make too much noise if we break it?"

Scott sighed. "We have no choice but to break it if we want the bow and arrows." He gripped the handle again and turned it, forcing it past the boundary until they heard the lock snap due to the pressure. The handle dangled loosely in the door as it gave way, slowly opening to reveal just a small crack. Scott pushed it open and let Allison inside. They crossed the short distance to the equipment cupboard and Scott again broke the lock on it to reveal the bow and arrows.

Allison quickly grabbed them, sliding the quiver over her shoulders and under one arm and buckled it up so it sat flat and snug against her back and held the bow in one of her hands. "Hey there's a taser here." She looked at Scott. "Should we grab it?"

Scott nodded, thanking Allison when she passed it to him. "They won't be expecting it if we come face to face with them again. Let's go to the cafeteria."

Allison nodded, feeling a sense of security fall over her now that they had acquired their aforementioned weapons and left with Scott.

Lydia and Jackson made quick work getting to the chemistry labs, quickly shutting themselves in Mr. Harris' classroom. "What are we going to do?" Jackson asked.

"We can make molotov cocktails." Lydia eyed up the cabinet to check for the ingredients they could use.

"What do we need?" Jackson looked at her.

"70% ethanol, kerosene, tar and potassium chlorate. We'll also need sulfuric acid to be the ignitor so we don't have to find strips of cloth and soak it. It'll waste less time than us trying to fumble with igniting the cloth."

"How will it ignite?" Jackson frowned.

Lydia began pulling things out of the cabinet. "Look for as many test tubes and conical flasks as you can find, we'll need them." She finished pulling the ingredients out. "We'll put the sulfuric acid, ethanol, tar and kerosene into the conical flask and the potassium chlorate in test tubes. That'll trigger an explosion when they land on impact and shatter, releasing the contents. That way, we don't risk causing an explosion on ourselves."

"How are we going to carry the test tubes?"

"We'll tape them to the side of the flasks, that way we won't have to worry about carrying more things than we have to." Lydia said as she began concocting the makeshift molotovs. After about half an hour later, the two conical flasks Jackson had managed to find were filled with the liquids and plugged along with the test tubes taped to the side. "Let's go, I wanna meet up with the others as quickly as possible."

Jackson nodded and waited for her, sticking close to her side as they headed to the cafeteria.

While making their way down to the storage cupboard, Derek had kept a firm grip on Stiles' hand, their fingers laced together. He didn't want to risk losing him before they had a chance to protect themselves.

"How do you think the others are doing?" Stiles asked quietly, keeping close to Derek. He was more than happy to let his hand be held by Derek's.

"I don't know but I hope they're doing well." Derek spoke equally quietly. They got to the cupboard and unlocked it by Derek brute forcing the handle and breaking it. "Find anything that will do some heavy damage but won't be hard to carry."