Chapter 6- Love Is In The Air

It had been the middle of the night when an unruly and panic-stricken fish burst into Doris' home. She was peacefully doing the dishes and scrolling on her liberal hate page facebook group, liking and replying various emojis to each post. Then out of nowhere, a familiar clownfish punched the door to her humble abode down with his bare fins. Toby...

"Erm, what the freak?" Doris commanded.

The fish froze and stared at her, his mouth ajar and his eyes unnaturally wide, Doris was surprised they hadn't popped out of his skull yet.

"Shut up.." He whispered in awe, "I cant stop thinking about you, mi amor."

"Who are you"

"Ever since we bumped into each other-"

"Oh."

"-you've been infesting my mind. The moment I laid eyes on you I knew you were the one for me. Your perfect bright blue orbs, with abnormally large pupils, which reflect the stars in the night sky stared into mine.. or to the side of me your lazy eye makes it hard to tell.. but anyway in that moment I fell in love with you and your enrapturing stench."

He paused, taking a deep breath hhhhhh before continuing, "I never want to spend a second away from you, for everything I need to thrive is within you. I feel alive by your side, bae you're my ride or die!!" Okay, Shakespeare.
"And for centuries people have been using the stars above us to guide them, however, when I look into your eyes all I do is get lost. But your perfection doesn't only show itself at night, for when the sun rises, you have no shadow, because there is nothing that can replicate your beauty."

Toby went silent, his eyes fixed onto hers. Doris quivers where she stands, a baby pink blush growing on her cheeks and tinting the tips of her ears.

"That was beautiful..." She whispers, eyes swimming with tears.

"Yeah."
"Want to be boyfriend girlfriend?" Toby asks

Without even answering Doris rushes into Toby's arms, connecting her fish lips with his. Toby GRUNTS in surprise but quickly reciprocates. The kiss EWWWWWEJRUSHAHWD only lasts a few more seconds before Toby breaks away, holding her in place and looking at her lovingly.

"Your aura is green, mi amor."

"No thats just my 'enrapturing stench'."

:-)