Sir Lancelot

Catie's POV

Merlin had most the day off yesterday, as Gaius needed his help with things. So I tended to Arthur. Though Merlin did make sure Arthur's sword and armor was prepared for today. As Arthur is facing another trainee was facing his final test today. Pass and he'll be knighted. Fail, then he'd be sent home.

Anyway, I am by the hour glass waiting for Arthur's signal to turn it over. I spot Merlin watching with a strange man. Well stranger. He must be new to Camelot as I've never seen him before. "Right, you jumped up dung beetle, this is it. The final test. Pass this and you're a knight of Camelot. Fail, and you're no one. You face the most feared of all foes, the ultimate killing machine. You face me. You're challenge to last one minute free combat. Grummond, Second son of Wessex" Arthur explains.

He nods to me. As Grummond swings a couple of swords around. "Your time starts now" he declares. I flip the hour glass and the battle starts. Grummond goes for the attack and Arthur takes him down in two swift blows. The crowd applauds. Arthur removes Grummond's flag. "Take him away" he tells the knights. I head over and offer Arthur a goblet of water. "Thank you Catalina" he says accepting it. He takes a drink, before handing it back to me.

Merlin joins us as we walk through the lower town. He carries Arthur's armor "Grummund's the third to fail this month. How am I meant to defend Camelot with rubbish like that?" Arthur asks us.

"Well, I think I might be able to help" Merlin tells him.

"You, Merlin? You haven't the faintest idea what it takes to become a knight. Courage, fortitude, discipline" Arthur tells him.

"No, no, no, of course I don't, but I do know someone who does" Merlin tells him.

"Really?" I ask him.

"He saved my life" Merlin states.

"That's blowing it for starters" Arthur mutters.

"No, no, no. He's really good. Honestly" Merlin assures him.

"That's great, Merlin. I'm sure he's terrific, but you forget the First Code of Camelot" Arthur tells him.

"The what?" Merlin asks.

"It's the knights code, the first one is that only noblemen can become knights" I tell him.

"So, unless your friend is a nobleman..." Arthur starts to say.

"Oh, er, he, he is a nobleman" Merlin tells us.

"Is he?" Arthur asks.

"Absolutely" Merlin states.

"Very well. Bring him to the training ground tomorrow. And make sure he brings his seal of nobility" Arthur tells him.

"Thanks Arthur. You won't regret it" Merlin tells him and leaves.

"Do you know the man he speaks of?" Arthur asks me.

"No my lord" I tell him. "Shall I run you a bath?" I ask.

"Not today, just do the washing and make sure dinner is delivered to my room" he tells me. I bow my head and leave to do as I was told. I notice a rip in Arthur's tunic. I take it with me so that I could mend it at home. When I arrive, I see Gwen, Merlin and the guy from earlier.

"Catie, this my friend Lancelot" Merlin tells me.

"Pleasure" I say. "Gwen, can I borrow a needle and thread, please?" I ask her. She nods her head I take them from her sewing kit. She gets back to measuring Lancelot. As I start to mend the tunic.

"Okay, we're done. Erm...I should have these ready in no time. It's nice to meet you Lancelot" Gwen tells the boys. She reaches out to shake hands. Lancelot takes her hand and kisses it. Merlin and Lancelot leave.