Courtney

Soooo I don't usually do this, but I decided to write about my friend courtney. So I met courtney when I was about 10. I'd just moved into this neighborhood and I was having my friends sleepover, Rylie and Bridget. It was summer and we had a slip 'n slide so we set it up and my backyard. Well I saw courtney and her cousin charles sitting on his deck next door to me house. Everytime I looked a them, they were already looking at me. Then they left and well I just moved on. Maybeeee 3 weeks later I went to the park with a new friend I made named Ariana. A bunch of kids were there playing jail break and as the game continued, me and courtney were the only ones left. We were both on the base and these were her exact words. "Okay, run on the count of three!" she counted three, she ran buttttt I didnt. She got tagged then I ran and got tagged and that was it. Everyone left the park after that except me courtney and her cousin charles. She was yelling at me for not running and well then we got sidetracked and started talking more. They both made me laugh really hard and I made them laugh really hard. Theennnn we talked a little bit more until one day I asked if she wanted to sleep over and honestly i forget everything that happened that night except the fact that it was amazing. Well and umm all I remember from all those times with courtney is that she had rumors being spread about her at the time. People were saying how she was dirty and never took showers and theyd laugh at her and make fun of her and then theyd ask why I always hung out with her. And i would say cuz shes funny, shes nice, shes the closest thing I've had to a friend in a longgggg time! And i would always yell at them and say she took showers and she was clean and they were all assholes. But there were times where I just wanted to fit in and i betrayed her and Im not at all proud. I hung out with this girl sam at the time too. Her and courtney hated each others guts. I never knew why, they have this past that neither of them speak about and i still dont know. Well sam put all this shit in my head and i started to dislike courtney and hang out with her less and I just idk, i let go of everything we had. Then i told sam off and I gathered myself and me and courtney were best friends again. We were joined at the hip, literally. Where ever she was i was and where ever i was she was, we never left each others side. She slept over my house soooooo much that she had to be forced to sleep over her aunts (which is next door to my house) We always gave each other random presents and weird shit. There was a time i was obsessed with mustaches and she got me a mustache necklace. And then christmas came and i gave her presents and she gave me presents. I even stayed at her house until like 11pm on chirstmas eve. She also came to my side of the family for thanksgiving and easter, it was amazing just having her around. Then the school year came and I barely got to see her. I'd sleep over her house sometimes and she'd sleepover my house sometimes. and then she stopped coming all together and i couldnt go over her house. Her family was very unstable, she never got to see her dad and her step dad was a total dick to her. The shit she told me about him and what he did to her and her mom, it made me wanna shove a knife up his ass and twist it. Her step brother would come over and he'd say "Jaz she forgot about you, she made new friends." and I'd pretend i didnt care but it hit me hard. Everyone always leaves me and i seriously thought courtney was gonna stay forever. And I'd cry every day and night hoping id see my best friend again until I almost gave up. I was in 5th grade and 11 years old, I'd just gotten back home from school and went on my ipod. Then i got a kik message and i opened it and it was from her. she said "Hey jaz, I know I havent been talking to you for awhile and im so so so sorry, my phone broke and i had no way of contacting you. I just got this ipod and i found your kik through my cousin. I miss you and cant wait to get to hang out again"

I was literally crying and my grandmom asked what was wrong and i said "courntey kiked me!" and i was so happy and i was itching to see her again. We hung out more and I got to see her more and we were being us again. Some shit happened though, none that either of us did. But shit happened and we could no longer hang out. She moved in with her real dad and I never saw her. I'd see her rarely and when I did, it was a hugeeee surprise! Everytime I see her I'd scream her name and attack her in a huge hug and i wouldnt let go for 5 minutes. I saw her last month and she slept over my house and we were having fun again and laughing like no time had past. Then she had to leave and I havent seen her since. I recently just talked to her on the phone cuz her mom was over here and she was like "Hey! I miss you!" and i said "So do i! You need to get your ass back over here." and she was like "Jaz, im trying im really trying." and i said "You better I miss you ya noob!" we talked a bit more and then i had to give the phone back to her mom. I'd just recently saw her grandmom too and her family is basically my family. Her grandmoms name is Cookie at least thats what we call her, idk her real name. Apparently its something hard to say. But she came over and was saying how courtney was crying cuz she missed me so much and i was about to cry. So man times people would say she was coming over but never did. She's supposedly coming over tomorrow but i dont want to get my hopes up. I just really miss my best friend.