I Was There For You When No One Else Was! - Anna Of Cleves and Katherine Howard

Kitty flinched as the door slammed. Anna noticed this but didn't let up. "What the hell did you think telling Jane was going to achieve?" Anna shouted. Kitty shrank back a little. "I- I didn't mean to," she whispered. Anna rolled her eyes at this statement. "You never mean to Kitty! That's what you say every time you go running to Jane because it's too much to handle" Kitty still shrinks back but her face changes. Anna doesn't notice this small but significant change. "For once in my life, I'd like to be able to tell you something and know that Jane won't find out within an hour. For once, I'd like to be able to-" Anna starts. "For once in my life, I'd appreciate some credit, Anna! I was there for you when no one else was!" Kitty yells, cutting Anna off mid-sentence. Anna stops, slightly in shock. "I never wanted to take your place or be anyone but myself. In case you hadn't noticed I am barely an adult and I'm sorry if sometimes I can't handle what I've been through. I know you think so highly of yourself, but I wasn't aware that you were the only person that was allowed to have problems. Everyone here is struggling with the situation, but pretending it isn't happening is not going to make it any easier for any of us. And for the record, I never told Jane. She figured it out herself, I just confirmed it. She's incredibly perceptive, but of course, you haven't noticed because you live in this perfect world. Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but not everything is about you" Anna backs away in shock. She hadn't realised that Kitty felt this way.

"Kitty?" She whispers hesitantly. Kitty looks her up and down, breathing heavier than usual. Anna backs away a little further and quietly whispers "do you want me to go?". Kitty shakes her head softly and mumbles "please don't go". Anna nods and whispers "I'm going to sit down here by the door okay? I'm not going anywhere" Kitty smiles faintly and sits on the floor, curling up and tucking her knees under her chin. A peaceful silence takes over the room, and the queens sit in this silence. Time passes; neither one is quite sure how much but it's not uncomfortable until eventually, Kitty breaks the silence. "I'm sorry, Anna" she whispers, her voice barely audible. "Hey hey it's okay Kitty I shouldn't have snapped at you. I'm sorry for taking you for granted" Anna quickly interrupts her. Kitty looks over at Anna and whispers "can I have a hug please?" Anna looks at Kitty nervously "are you sure you want that Kitty? I can get Jane if you-" Kitty cuts her off sharply "Anna please" she whispers, and it's then that Anna realises how close to tears Kitty is. Pushing herself off the ground, she makes her way over to where Kitty is sitting and wraps her around the young queen who is already in tears. "It's okay Kitty baby. You don't need to apologise because I'm the one in the wrong here. I'm sorry about what I said." Kitty doesn't reply, but Anna can tell that she has been forgiven.