🍁 Black Hole Sprite [2/4] 🍁

Stick's POV:

"Polar?..." I was slightly surprised at her sudden appearance, sitting up on the bed. "You couldn't sleep either?"

The tiny polar bear flicked an ear at me, keeping her snout burrowed into her front paws. "I heard you from my room. You were whimpering or something."

Embarrassed, I dipped my head. "It's just hard to fall asleep when you're frustrated, I swear I'm fine."

"Well, you definitely weren't fine when we left." Polar squeaked back, lifting her fuzzy head. "And you certainly looked like you were about to lose it."

She sat on her haunches, stretching her jaws in a quiet yawn. "It's about two in the morning, Stick. Do you want me to help you sleep? Melatonin gummies, warm milk, storytelling- I'll try to help you out."

I could tell the shapeshifter was genuinely trying to do her best to check if I was okay.

Meeting her gaze through my motorcycle visor, I stared into the depths of her beady, little eyes- Miniature black holes where the light somehow reached.

"As I said, I'm perfectly fine, Polar." I mumbled, slipping myself back under the blanket. "I just need some sleep."

"Well, too bad Einstein!" Jester kicked down my door, slamming what remained of it into the wall. "We're here to make you feel better, and... Uhh..."

69's mechanical voice floated through the air, clearly dictating Jester's upcoming words. "Apologize, we're here to apologize."

"We're here to do whatever!" The masked man blurted out, striding into the room. "Anyways, I'm gonna pick you up and make you touch grass, and you can't stop me."

Before I could react, I was promptly snatched from my bed by my legs and swung onto Jester's shoulders. "OI, PUT ME DOWN!"

I kicked at him, pummeling his back with my fist, but he shook it off like it was nothing. "Nuh-uh. You're gonna touch grass with us despite the fact it's too early to be up."

I looked back into my bedroom to see 69 walking out of the doorway, holding Polar like a cat.

"Yay, touching grass!" The cub squeaked, her maw opened to mimic a human-like smile.

I smiled back at her, forgetting that Jester was practically hauling me downstairs like a load of laundry.

"She doesn't know we're actually going outside to make piranha solution," Jester murmured to me, trying to hide the laughter seeping out of his voice.

My eyes widened at the thought. "You mean that one liquid that dissolves organic material or something?"

"Yeah, we wanted to get 69 into this so his arms don't get melted off again." Jester added, making his way to the front door and kicking it down.

"Stop kicking down the trucking doors!" 69 barked at the masked man. "Wait, why can't I swear?"

"Maybe because I messed with your mechanics and possibly edited your dialogue settings," I chuckled, briefly recalling the memory. "In my defense, you were powered off."

"I despise you," The mercenary robot huffed, walking after us.

"Feelings are mutual." Jester snorted, picking me up by my shoulders and setting me back down on the ground. "Anyways, can one of you get the marshmallows?"

"I'll get them!" Polar squealed excitedly, wriggling out of 69's grasp and making a bolt back inside.

I raised an eyebrow at Jester. "You really think that'll stall her for long?"