Part : 13 The Goddess Temple

Author POV

After their figures disappeared, Lan Jingyi spoke, "How could the Sect Leader Jiang act like this?" Only afterward, did he remember the Lan Clan's rule of not talking behind others' backs. He looked meekly at Hanguang-Jun and shut his mouth. Lan sizhui smiled softly toward Wei wuxian, "Young Master Mo, we meet again."

"Damn those rules!" mumbled Lan Jingyi under his breath.

Lan xichen chuckled as heard his son.

As Wei wuxian pulled the corners of his mouth, Lan wangji spoke again, "Do your tasks." The command was simplistic and clear, without any fancy vocabulary for decoration.

The juniors finally remembered the reason behind why they came to Dafan Mountain. They gathered their thoughts and respectfully waited for further instructions. After a moment, Lan wangji spoke again, "Do what you can. Don't force anything."

"As expected from Second Young Master Lan!" exclaimed Lan disciples.

Lan qiren nodded his head in acknowledgement while Wei wuxian also agreed.

The voice was deep and alluring. If one was too near, the tip of their heart would tremble. The juniors replied mannerly, afraid to linger for too long, and walked into the depths of the forest. Wei wuxian thought that, undeniably, Jiang cheng and Lan zhan were extremely different from each other. Even their advice for juniors were the complete opposite. While thinking, he suddenly saw Lan wangji give an almost unnoticeable nod to him. He was quite surprised.

Ever since a young age, Lan wangji had been so prim and proper that it was painful to watch. He had always been solemn and stiff, as if he had never been lively before. He couldn't let a single grain of sand appear in his eyes, which was why he had never approved of Wei wuxian cultivating the dark path. Lan sizhui had probably informed Lan wangji of his suspicious behaviour in Mo Village already. Even so, he had nodded in acknowledgement, probably thanking him for helping out the juniors from the Lan Sect. Without thinking, Wei wuxian immediately returned a salute. When he looked up again, Lan wangji had already disappeared.

"Poor me! Lan zhan, How could you leave me there alone huh?" asked Wei wuxian dramatically placing his hand on his chest.

Lan zhan didn't answered him but keepen his face straight.

"Stop being so dramatic!" exclaimed Jiang cheng.

After pausing for a second, he turned around to travel down the mountain.

No matter what prey haunted Dafan Mountain, he couldn't take it. Wei wuxian could fight for it against anyone, except for Jin ling.

Why did it turn out to be Jin ling?

With so many disciples in the Jin Sect, he really didn't expect that the person he met happened to be Jin ling. If he knew, he definitely wouldn't mock Jin ling for "having no mother to teach him." If someone else had said the same words to Jin ling, he would teach them about what it means to bring misfortune upon oneself with careless talk. Yet, the person who had said so turned out to be himself.

"He is guilty!" exclaimed a Cultivator.

"Mn as he should!" stated another one.

Wei wuxian singed while Lan sizhui was worried about everything that people gonna know.

After standing still for a moment, Wei wuxian raised his hand and gave himself a slap on the face.

All the cultivators looked at scene as some feel pity for him, some just didn't understand why he has to do that.