Demons[⚔️]

Mizu X Fem!Reader

"Mizu, you ok, love?" I asked as I slid open the door to find her resting against a wall, staring out the back window of the house.

Her kimono was wrapped around her tightly and her hair was down, a rare sight to see, but a beautiful one at that. Usually when she has her hair down it's when she bathes, but whenever it's like this, I know something is wrong.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine," she continued to stare outside the window, her hands running through her hair.

"Need anything? Tea?"

"I-I should be alright. Go back to bed. I'll be back in there soon."

"Ok," I said and walked back into our shared room.

A settled down life was something Mizu never really accepted the idea of, despite her being previously married. Even then she tried to occupy herself from the daunting mission at hand for her. However, she eventually found herself back on the path of revenge and when everything was said and done, she came back here and we found one another. She was a hard one to break through, but I was able to. It was either I was able to or she let me. Maybe it was a mix of both, but whomever broke down their walls first didn't matter. All that mattered was she was able to open up to me. About her past, her trauma, her need for revenge that was eventually satisfied.

Sitting down on the futon, I left the door open just a crack. I listened to her steady breathing before it became broken, as if she was trying to suppress a sob. Taking in a deep breath, her footsteps echoed throughout the house and her hand grabbed at the door. I laid back down and waited for her to come over to where we were once laying. Laying down beside me, her back faced me and her breathing settled down. Reaching over, I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"I'm here if you need anything, Mizu."

"I know," she reached up and grabbed my hand. "I-I just need some time."

"Of course. Take all the time you need."

In the morning, I rose early and got to making some tea and breakfast for Mizu. Opening the window to the kitchen, I got started on cooking to where I was too engrossed with what I was doing to hear Mizu came in. Her arms wrapped around my waist and she pulled me into her. Resting her head on my shoulder, she let out a yawn before lightly kissing my cheek.

"Morning," she said.

"Morning, Mizu," I smiled, turning to press a kiss to her forehead. "Sleep better after you came back in?"

"Sort of. It's easier to sleep when you're with me."

"That's good to hear. I'm glad I can ease you whenever you need it."

"S-Speaking of easing me."

"What's wrong, Mizu?"

"I-I'll tell you when we're eating."

"Alright."

Once I had finished making breakfast, I grabbed our bowls and set them down. Tea was next and when everything was where it needed to be, including us, we sat down.

"Last night," Mizu said after a few moments of silence.

"Yes."

"I-I had a nightmare."

"Another one?"

She sadly nodded her head, "Yes."

"What was it about? The same one or a different one?"

"It was different. It was more white men came to Japan and were doing the same thing they did to my mother. Taking women and using them like they're just objects. They came and got you. They did horrible things to you because they wanted revenge for the men I killed. And they thought that going after you would hurt me in the worst ways possible."

"Was there anything else from the dream?"

"You had a baby," Mizu sipped her tea. "A baby that was like me. Blue eyes, mixed race, and a woman. And people did not accept her."

"Mizu," I reached over and placed my hand on hers.

"They still won't accept me," she whispered.

"I think the dream is trying to tell you something, Mizu."

"Being what?"

"You have to accept yourself."

"I can't accept what I have done. I can't forgive myself for everything I have done. And then there's you, accepting me even though I have done awful things in this life."

"Mizu, I fell in love with one thing about you."

"Being?"

"You. Everything you are, all your flaws, all your insecurities, everything about you I fell in love with."

A small smile formed on her face, "Don't get me wrong on this, but sometimes I doubt our relationship."

"I don't blame you for it. Being in a relationship is a hard thing to be in. Do you think I have ever doubted my ability to be your significant other?"

"If you do, you hide it well."

"And you hide it well, too. I never would have guessed you doubted the relationship until you told me just now."

"I can say the same thing about you, Y/N. Y-You never cease to amaze me."

"You amaze me as well, Mizu. Everything about you amazes me."

A smile crawled on both of our faces as we found one another's eyes. Tears formed in Mizu's eyes and they slowly slid down her face. Reaching over, I wiped the tears away, cupping her cheek. Nuzzling into my touch, she lightly kissed at my palm.

"I love you, Mizu."

"I love you, too, Y/N."

"Tell me when you have these nightmares. I'll stay up with you."

"I can't ask you to do that."

"I know you can't. That's why I won't ask you."

She shook her head, "I'll just make sure you go back to bed."

"I'll stay up with you, Mizu. To give you comfort."

Mizu smiled once more, "Thank you, Y/N. I-I can never repay you for what you have done and for what you have shown me."

"You don't need to thank me, Mizu."

"But I must do something to show my gratitude."

"Just by being yourself is enough gratitude already."

"I'll find it one day," she said. "One day and it will be a surprise."

"Oh, you're going to be all romantic on me?" I smirked.

"Now that's asking for a lot," she chuckled.

"Just seeing you smile is enough," I looked at her in awe.

Seeing her smile was always something that made my heart skip a beat. More than enough to keep the doubts away from my head and I know hearing me compliment her smile is enough for her to keep those demons at bay.