[Chapter 4] - Voyage into the Stars

(POV - 3RD)

The walk back to the Master Control Zone of the space station was awkwardly quiet especially when Himeko left the group first to meet up with the very owner of this entire station but not before having March and Dan Heng stay back with Welt to guard the Express.

Naturally, the elderly bespectacled man who for some reason recognised (Y/N) was under his very suspicious scrutiny as to how or why the former knew him even though he didn't.

Welt Yang was his name, but his mind came up blank for him which was not at all too concerning unless the man was once his enemy yet the former's shocked expression betrayed not animosity or the look of someone seeing a foe. 

No, he almost looked to be seeing an old acquaintance or friend.

"Mhmph..." A small groan stopped (Y/N) from growing ever more cautious as he looked to see Stelle squirming around as she woke up.

"Are you conscious?" He asked as the girl's golden eyes opened up to take in the surroundings before she refocused on the former.

"(Y/N)? What happened..?" She questioned.

"The Doomsday Beast did something to you but someone stabilised your condition before it went out of control, can you stand?" (Y/N) answered.

"...No." Stelle said after a short pause to which (Y/N) narrowed his eyes before holding up the girl by her armpits, legs dangling down-

Which he then set down, Stelle standing perfectly fine.

"...I'm not a packmule." (Y/N) stated with a deadpan as Stelle pouted.

"Fine... you said the Doomsday Beast did something to me?" She then asked again in confusion, not knowing whatever that meant.

"I do not have the exact idea of what happened but you somehow absorbed the beast's blasts which resulted in an explosion that killed it." (Y/N) replied, intrigued as well.

"What happened next is just a blur for you but Welt Yang managed to stop your ailments from destabilising before it harmed you further."

"A blur..." Stelle muttered before she remembered a key memory, one of a titanic being looming over her motionless form with a soulless golden gaze.

A golden gaze like (Y/N)'s yet it was a far-cry from his eyes who held the look of a protector, a person who fights against meaningless death and destruction. 

The titanic being's gaze, in contrast simply held utter contempt for all that breathed out life as it revelled in decimation and chaos, meaningfully spreading death and destruction everywhere.

One who says the eyes are the window to the soul would be correct in this situation, Stelle quietly tightened her fist as a sparkle of blue and gold crackled around her hand, her bat materialising into existence as it glowed under the foreign power.

"Hey, you're lagging behind." (Y/N) called from the front, standing in front of a door.

"Coming!" Stelle called back before the two made their way through the hallways and station until they finally met up with Himeko again.

 "Ah, you're awake. That's wonderful, you're just in time to meet the owner of this station who should be arriving any moment now." Himeko said.

"I've only been gone for what? A few months? And the space station is already reduced to this state?" A new voice belonging to a young girl making itself known.

"Welcome back, Herta." Himeko greeted as a petite girl donned in a white frilled dress with black long-sleeved top and a black cap made her appearance.

" Himeko greeted as a petite girl donned in a white frilled dress with black long-sleeved top and a black cap made her appearance