↣ Bandaids and Bliss ↢ {Adam x ANGEL! Reader}

Request by riwvvsqq

Warnings: language, mentions of injury, mentions of bruises (PLEASE TELL ME IF I NEED TO ADD MORE)

Summary: The reader was one of the top angels of the extermination army. One day, after extermination day, they came back covered in scratches and bruises. Adam, the first man, noticed this and quickly sprung into action to help bandage them up and make sure they're not injured too badly.

Relationship Status: Crushing to Dating

"I know. I fucking rock!"

🤘😇🎸

Demons could be heard screaming and seen running away from the extermination army. Every year, angels from heaven come down to hell to kill demons before leaving for another year. I was one of those angels, I'd only killed about 78 demons so far and was currently chasing a couple more. I finally cornered the nasty sinners and went to stab them before feeling a sharp pain in my leg. I screamed and spun around to see a demon with an Angel's spear.

I swung my spear at them but missed by a hair. The demon proceeded to swing at me and I dodged but cut my arm slightly. I was fed up with this and launched my spear at their chest, successfully stabbing them and killing them. I grunted and pulled the spear out of their chest before returning to the other two from earlier.

Once they were killed I looked at the bruises and scratches I'd gotten from that. They were pretty bad, but nothing I couldn't walk off.

"C'mon, extermination's over," One of the exterminators told me.

.

"Wonderful job, ladies! We've managed to kill 20% more demons than we did last year, big improvement!! You all fucking rock," Adam, the first man, announced. He looked around at everyone and noticed my injuries. "Alright, bitches, go enjoy yourselves, get yourselves a treat. Next meeting's in a few months!"

I began to leave before Adam spoke up again, "Hey, (Y/N), can you stay behind for a minute?"

I was confused, he usually never has anyone stay behind. I didn't even know he knew my name, but I stayed behind anyway. I turned around and stood, waiting for him. Once everyone left he spoke up, "Those look like some shitty injuries, you okay?"

"Wha— oh! Yeah, I'm fine, just a few scratches. Nothing I can't handle," I chuckled.

He looked at me skeptically before taking my hand and dragging me to the first aid station. "I'm fine, really, sir. I can bandage them myself."

"Yeah, but I don't want them getting fucking infected and I want to make sure they get done correctly."

He walked over with a first aid kit, setting it down next to me. He looked at my head first and noticed the small scratch just above my eyebrow. He grabbed a wet cloth and started to softly clean it up before putting a bandaid over it.

After, he moved on to my arms and patched up the bigger bruises. I watched as he was patching up one of the bruises but he stopped for a second and I caught him looking at me. I brushed it off as him checking to see if I was alright.

After he moved on to the big gash on my leg. That thing hurt like shit and I didn't want anyone to touch it.

"Uhh, you know what? I think that's good for now. I can clean up the rest myself.. hah.."

"What? No. This one has to be the worst of them all. Let me help you, ill make sure it doesn't hurt."

"Why are you even doing this? I saw plenty of other people with injuries and you didn't offer to help them."

"Well, I just- thought yours looked really bad and decided to help you."

"Angelica was literally missing a finger," I deadpanned.

"Well- I.. uh..."

I decided to quit arguing with him and decided to let him finish patching me up so I could leave. "Whatever, ;et's just- get this over with.."

He reached over for a new cloth and added some rubbing alcohol to it. He got down on one knee to the gash and looked up at me.

"This part is gonna sting like shit, but it's gonna help."

I nodded and he looked back down at the wound. I braced myself for the stinging, knowing it would hurt like hell. He gently placed the cloth on the wound and I winced while biting my lip.

"Fuck—" I seethed.

He looked up at me worriedly and frowned sympathetically. He continued to rub the wound with the cloth and it felt even worse. He was staring at me for a sec while I had my eyes glued shut. He reached for my hand and squeezed it gently while rubbing the wound with he cloth still. I looked down at him with curiosity, wondering why he was holding my hand. When I saw his face he was blushing a little, not making eye contact with me. I looked down at our hands holding and blushed a little myself.

He finished cleaning the would and started bandaging it up, we hadn't made eye contact or spoke the entire time. It was awkward, to say the least.

When he finished we finally made eye contact for a spit second before he turned away, rubbing the back of his neck.

"So.. how's your leg feel?"

I moved my leg a little and it definitely felt a lot better, "So much better."

He chuckled before taking my hand to help me down.

"Well, thanks for patching me up. I'll see you later, sir."

I started to leave before he grabbed my wrist and I turned around.

"Uh.. I was actually wondering if- you.. uh.." He was trying to speak, his face as red as a tomato.

"Uh.. Adam? You good?"

"Yeah.. I was just wondering if you'd.. like to.. uh- go out with me?"

"Oh!" I blushed and looked a little shock, processing his words to make sure I heard him right.

He took that as a no and laughed, "Never mind, it was stupid to ask. I'll just see you around I guess. Heh.. enjoy your day or whatev—"

I smiled softly before walking up to him and kissing his cheek, "I'll see you outside the bakery at 7, don't be late." And I left the room, leaving to get ready for my date. Before i l;eft, though, i hid behind the corner to see his reaction.

For a second he just stood there in shock and then it all clicked and he jumped up and cheered. "Yes! I knew they'd say yes! They couldn't fucking resist me."

I rolled my eyes and smiled before leaving.

I guess that's why he wanted to help me.

🤘😇🎸

Hey, sinners! Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

Sorry if it didn't turn out as you'd hoped, I'm not sure I was very good at capturing Adam's personality but I tried.

1185 words, last edited 02/15/24

I hope you have a hellish rest of your day/night! Talk to you soon, sinners! <3