⥤ Bloodmoon Dance ⥢ {Vox x Reader}

Hello you one-life-spanned, three-dimensional, five-sensed skin puppets! (Who got the reference?)

It's me! I've been gone for a little bit because I've been super busy with school, I'm not doing so well in geometry (I'm working on fixing it right now so that's good!) but I've also been working on two stories at the same time to post at the same time lmao. So sorry I haven't been updating a lot again!! I'm working on my writing schedule and will update you all when I figure it out!

Anyway...

Request by L0cAlMaNd3LaCaTaL0g

Warnings: Language, mentions of dying or getting killed (no one dies and no one is killed), alcohol (PLEASE TELL ME IF I NEED TO ADD MORE)

Summary: Every time there's a blood moon in the sky, Hell celebrates with a dance. Not everyone goes to the dance, for you must pay to enter. However, if you are of higher status in Hell (such as overlords) you get free admission. This year's theme for the first blood moon dance was masquerade, meaning everyone had to hide their true identity. You went to the dance, wanting to socialize with friends but while you were dancing, you bumped into a certain square-headed overlord.

Relationship Status: Strangers to Crushes

"Muahahaha! Now that's good television!"

📺📱💻

"This News Broadcast is brought to you by Voxtech!"

"Hello, you hellish sinners, I'm Katie Killjoy!"

"And I'm—"

"Shut the fuck up, Tom," Katie forced a smile. "I have an amazing announcement for everyone, tomorrow is the first blood moon dance of the year! Get your wallets, formal wear, and friends and be ready to enjoy one hellish night! The dance will be held in the inner city, just outside the Heaven Ambasade! It will start at 9pm sharp, don't be late!"

"And don't forget—"

.

"Oh my gosh! We HAVE to go!" My best friend, (B/F/N), squealed with joy.

"I dunno.." I was hesitant at first, this is Hell after all. You never know what could happen.

"C'mon, please! It's the first dance of the year. It'll be so much fun! I'll pay for your entry," they pleaded.

I figured I might as well go because even if I don't go, they will, and I can't risk having something bad happen to them. "Fine, you win."

"Yes! Don't worry (Y/N)! You won't regret this!"

.

I'm regretting this.

There's so many people here, mainly higher ranking demons. Me and (B/F/N) were currently stuck in a mash pit and were trying our best to get out of it. Trying to push and shove through everyone proved ineffective and trying to stay low and escape didn't work either. We were gonna be stuck here for a while.

I was still shoving through people when I noticed that me and (B/F/N) got split up. I looked around frantically for them.

"(Y/N)! MEET ME AT THE BACK WALL IF YOU ESCAPE!!"

I saw them get pushed deeper into the crowd. I got shoved around and away from the center of the mash pit. When I finally got through everyone and was off the dance floor, I got shoved foreword and stumbled into someone, causing them to spill their drink. All over my outfit.

"What the fu—ck?!" A voice shouted, although it sounded like they were glitching or something.

"Shit! I'm so sorry, I did not mean to do that!" I said. "I'll buy you a new drink!"

I looked up to see none other than the overlord Vox, himself. My eyes went wide as I realized I just ran into him and spilled his drink.

While I was mentally preparing myself to get killed or some shit, Vox was taking a good look at me. Is he checking me out?

He looked me up and down a couple times before speaking, "You were saying something about a drink?"

I had been so focused on his face that I blanked out, "Uh.. drink? Oh, yeah! Your drink!"

He chuckled before we started walking over to the bar.

I was these on our way to the mini bar: is this it? The day I'm gonna die? I hope it's quick. He ordered his drink and I paid for it. When I finished paying and when he got his drink I started to leave.

"Hey, don't you think you should accompany me for a bit? You did spill my drink, and I still haven't gotten your name."

Shit. This was it, Vox was going to kill you. Or take your soul. I think I'd rather he kill me, I don't wanna have a trapped soul. Should I run away? Hide?

"You gonna take a seat, or what?"

I looked over skeptically before I figured a way out of dying, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I don't think I can. You see, my friend brought me here and I really need to watch over them to make sure they don't die or anything. Ehe..."

I started walking away before he pulled my wrist back, "C'mon, I'm sure your friend's fine. Let's talk a little more."

I was hesitant at first, but eventually gave in. "I guess they'll be fine for a little bit?"

He smiled wide and we took our seats.

.

Overall, we really hit it off. We talked about our favorite things while we were living, what we were doing currently, I even figured out that he didn't want to kill me, he just thought I was attractive.

"I completely thought I was going to die today," I laughed.

"No! I just thought you looked attractive," He chuckled.

"What? Me? Attractive? With a drink all over me and my eyes wide?" I teased.

"Yeah, kinda," I laughed more when he said that. "What?"

"You are a laugh Vox," I said, elbowing his arm slightly.

He smiled at me again, but this time his face showed admiration. I thought I knew why but I didn't want to jump to conclusions. He's an overlord after all, you can't assume he'll like you that quickly.

I checked the time, the dance was almost ending, "Oh, wow! Time really flies when your having fun huh? I should get going, I gotta find my friend, but it was really nice to meet you. I hope to see you around again."

"Goodbye, uh—..."

"(Y/N)," I kissed his hand gently, since I didn't know where his cheek was.

He looked a little shocked and his face looked like it was heating up a little. I turned around and left with a big smile on my face. Maybe next time there's a blood moon, I'll get to see him again. Maybe next time we'll get to dance.

📺📱💻

Hello you tainted souls! How'd you enjoy this chapter?

Again I am so sorry that this took forever, I was working on two oneshots at the same time to post at the same time. Sadly, I have worse news other than this took me forever. I LOST THE OTHER STORY!! I didn't mean to, but I did. I accidentally deleted it AND accidentally forgot to save it to google docs and my notes app. SO IT'S GONE! I'll work my butt off to be able to write it quickly (because now I have spring break so I can work on it whenever I'm free, which will be a lot). Sorry again, and I'll try my best to get the next chapter up and running.

ALSO would you guys be interested in a part 2 for this chapter? I realized there were a lot of things I could've added to it to make it better, but felt too lazy to go back and edit everything. Anyway, let me know here if you'd be interested —>

1314 words, last edited 03/11/24

I hope you have a hellish rest of your day/night! Talk to you soon, sinners <3