CH 5

"Hyesung-ssi, have you seen the sky today? The weather is really nice isn't it?"

"Oh, you're right. The sky is..."

"Haha, it's best to eat hamburgers during this kind of weather!"

"Ah... Really?"

"Yeah, it is... Uh with that in mind."

A moment of silence engulfed the guiding room where the two sat. Han Gun-Woo then started to speak with a trembling voice.

"Do you want to eat together sometime?"

"......"

Han Gun-Woo's eyes slowly moved from their hands towards Hyesung's eyes. At that moment, memories of the past flooded Hyesung's mind.

"Ah, actually forget it. I was just rambling. Today when I ate with my team, I kept thinking about Hyesung-ssi so I ended up asking..."

*

'Alright, everyone listen up! One thing every newbie, whether they're an esper or a guide, that comes to Yeouido Center ends up asking is "Will we ever meet Yoo Ji-Ho?! Can we see the S-Class esper while working here?" Haha, maybe during official events that happen once or twice a year. But the chance of actually seeing him in person is the size of a cotton swab. Most guides of our center don't even meet each other, so don't expect it!'

'Boo! Boo! Boo!'

'Enough! All right, let's focus!'

*

It was a simple joke the instructor made during a lecture for the new guides of the center. It was at that moment that Hyesung gave up on the expectation of meeting Yoo Ji-Ho.

As a newbie with only a year of experience, not to mention a B-Class guide, he knew coming to the center didn't mean he would be able to work for Yoo Ji-Ho. However, he still expected to bump into Yoo Ji-Ho.

But after the lecture, his dreams of meeting him died down. Not only did the instructor joke about it, his seniors kept telling him, that in all their years in the center, they haven't met Yoo Ji-Ho once.

To the espers, not meeting Yoo Ji-Ho is a blessing as it means they're not in danger during combat. It was just yesterday that Choi Yoon-Sol said that.

To think that he would meet Yoo Ji-Ho by chance. It was an opportunity he was never going to get again this lifetime.

"Heub!"

Suddenly, Hyesung took a deep breath and and regained his focus towards Han Gun-Woo. This startled the esper and he began panicking.

"Hyesung-ssi are you okay? Sorry, was it because of my energy? Stay put, let me find an instructor!"

"Oh, no! I'm sorry, I'm a little out of it today... I know you have a busy schedule and need to get back as soon as possible, sorry! I'll focus on guiding now, please sit down and give me back your hand."

Hyesung responded quickly and professionally, willing himself to stay alert as he is guiding.

"Is that so, Hyesung-ssi if you're not feeling well today, then it's fine we can just continue the session tomorrow."

"No! I'm alright."

Hyesung smiled to reassure Han Gun-Woo, deep down he was sorry that he couldn't focus on guiding. Still, he stretched out his hands and grasped Han Gun-Woo's. He held it tightly and closed his eyes as if he was praying.

As a guide who promised himself to the national security a month ago, the situation earlier was unacceptable to Hyesung himself.

'One, I swear that as a guide for the Republic of Korea, I will faithfully devote myself to the safety of the people. Two, I will faithfully abide by that duty as a guide by protecting an esper's safety.'