33. Kids are growing up!

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

Squad 1

A few minutes ago,

"Gather as many as weapons you can!" Lt. Summer ordered when her squad infiltrated the storage room successfully.

The guards were nowhere to be seen.

"Watch out for crystals!" Shawn stepped forward with his gun aiming.

To find something useful, Lily and Noah decided to search deeper. To their fortune, they stumbled upon a cross-marked box and opened it without a second thought.

"What's this? A remote?" Lily picked one of the instruments with a few buttons and display embedded in it, and an antenna sticking out. It looked like one of the older cell phones.

"It needs batteries. Here!" Noah found a pack of batteries around, and after inserting the batteries, the device was alive. A light blinked from its corners

Suddenly the screen was encircled with arbitrary lines and a line circling around a point as if it was scanning something.

"What is this?" Lily tried pressing a few buttons here and there, but that just gave her options to change settings in kilometers.

In a moment, consecutive beep sounds started growing from that eerie device, Lily was startled.

Summer walked towards the noise, they saw her approaching,

"I... I didn't do anything." She shoved that cell into Noah's hand.

"It's not me, it's her." He shoved it back again to Lily.

"What? Seriously? It wasn't me."

They started playing passing the parcel. With each second, the intensity of beeps was increasing. Unaware of how to shut it, they chose to play the blame game.

"Stop you two! Let me take a look," Lt. Summer snatched that beeping device from them, and the intense beeping still continued.

"WATCH OUT!" A gunshot escaped the rifle,

A crystal lurking in the shadows was just pulverized, its dust disappeared into the air.

"What was that?" Noah.

"This must be a crystal-detecting machine." Shawn almost snatched that device from them.

"It is!" Summer assured him when they took a look at it.

"Fill it up in your bags!" Upon the order, Lily and Noah gave an affirmative nod,

Squad 1 was almost packed up with weapons and gadgets.