31. Crystals?

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

The real escape plan was brewing in the room, far inside a building, cornered in the dark walls. Cadets were again being divided into the same three squads.

After reciting the plan, the General and the squad decided to wait till the dawn. Facing crystals at pitch dark hours would be counterproductive, deducting their chances.

When the sun's rays finally traveled through the glass, various beams appeared and the time arrived! The time to finally break through!

To escape, everyone must have access to their firearm. Thus, to obtain those from dormitories, Squad 3 was being deported.

Luckily, Ray still had three keys left with him from the bundle they stole. Thus, dividing into three squads made it easier.

"Sir, we can take the rifles from the storage room down at this building, right?" Austin asked,

"Yes. But gathering as much as a weapon we can is important. Also, remember Jaxon, we're meeting at the southern side. Hills of Sevlynn."

"Sevlynn? Why are we going to Sevlynn and not the evacuation shelters?" Lily interjected Kai,

"Well, at these times, evacuation shelters are the worst because the predator exactly knows where the prey is." Darren might have answered nonchalantly, but it was the truth. The crystal would be throwing a feast at evacuation shelters by now, a jumbo party perhaps. Too dark.

"What in the- Our... our parents are there!" Brian appeared.

"Oh no, he meant that the army would know that you'd be there, and they'd confiscate you and... experiment on you... for betraying the government." Stephen intelligently spun the context.

"Ah, that way, right!" Darren backed up, "that way too!" He murmured.

"Let's gather around! Show me the keys." General held his key in the air, followed by both Captain Jaxon and Darren.

"Jaxon, your squad goes through the dorms. Acquire guns and ammunition, then leave from the back gate. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Darren, your squad stays here and reports on the moments of crystals, got it?"

"Got it!"

"I'm giving this key to Shawn. Squad 1 will be led by Lt. Summer and Dr. Shawn. I won't be there this time!" He handed over his keys to Shawn.

"Squad 1 acquires the firearms and ammunition from the storage and divides it with Squad 2. We have got 7 walkie-talkies, so we should be fine!"

Everyone nodded,

"Don't worry. If the crystal is near you, just pause your breath and attack. We're divided into teams so that everyone can watch each other's back!" He then explained the whole plan again. It was simple, yet it was crucial to ace it this time.