001

HE FELT ROUGH HANDS yank him above the surface. He gasped for air and then tried to exhale but all that came out was a violent coughing that shook his body as Minho held him up.

"Deep breaths now," Minho smiled, his eyes curving into crescents, and pushed the man's head back underwater.

Chan watched from the corner, arms crossed over his chest, as Minho continued his assault on the man that they had captured over a week ago now. So far, he wasn't talking. That was a problem, because Chan wanted him to talk. And he was used to getting what he wanted.

"All I got was his name," Minho said, approaching him, stripping off his gloves as he did. They looked more pink now than the original white it had been, but Chan learned not to question Minho's methods. Especially since he always seemed so gleeful when putting them to practice.

"Son In-Guk," Minho continues. "Jisung should be able to get something out of the name, hm?"

"Name's not enough," Chan muttered, still slouched against the wall as he eyed In-Guk as he sat on all fours, retching into a corner. "Quit playing with him and get some real answers."

Minho shrugged elegantly, a small impish grin lingering on his lips. "But where's the fun in that? I was just getting started."

Chan rolled his eyes, pushing himself off the wall and walking over to where In-Guk was trying to compose himself, a mixture of blood and saliva spilling down his lips. Chan crouched down, wrapping his fingers around the man's jaw, forcing their eyes to meet.

"Listen to me, In-Guk," He said firmly, "We know you're involved with the Syndicate. We know about the shipment coming in next week. You can either make this easy for yourself and give us the details, or you can keep playing with Minho."

From behind them, Minho waggled his fingers at In-Guk.

In-Guk spat, his gaze defiant. "I'm not telling you nothing."

Chan shut his eyes, his nose wrinkling in disgust as he wiped his face with his hand, releasing In-Guk's jaw and stepping back. "Your call."

Without another word, Minho grabbed In-Guk by the collar and dragged him across the room to a table covered in various tools.

Chan turned away, unable to watch as Minho began his work once again. Deep down, he hated these methods, but he knew they were necessary. The Syndicate was a dangerous organization, and they were passing weapon shipments through his territory, something they've never done before. There was no way he would let that slide.

As the sound of In-Guk's screams echoed through the room, Chan clenched his fists, his determination growing stronger. They would get the information they needed, one way or another. And if it meant getting his hands dirty, so be it.