“This makes no sense.”

“I know. I've crowned Ganyu but I still can't–”

Seungmin looked up from the magnifying glass, glaring at Felix. “I'm not talking about your stupid pixels, I'm talking about this pill.”

Felix blinked, his eyes shifting from the computer screen to the pill in Seungmin's hand. It was a small, unassuming thing, but Seungmin's expression told him that it held some significance

"What do you mean?" Felix asked, leaning closer to get a better look.

Seungmin sighed, tapping the pill against the table as he spoke. "These pills... They're a prototype. Experimental. I've been working on them for years, trying to perfec the formula. But they shouldn't be out there. They're not ready."

Felix furrowed his brows. "So someone stole your prototype?"

Seungmin shook his head, frustration evident in his expression. "No, that's the thing. These pills shouldn't even exist outside of my lab. They're highly unstable, and I've never released them for testing or distribution. Whoever manufactured these must have access to my research and equipment."

Felix tilted his head. “But no outsiders have access to your lab. There’s no way anyone could have gotten it.”

Seungmin didn’t reply, just rolled the pill between his fingers. Despite the fact hat they were the same age, Felix just saw the world differently than he did. Sure, no one outside had access to his lab. But that just meant that he didn’t suspect anyone from the outside.

He doesn’t tell Felix that. Instead, he lets him believe that no one in their little gang would betray them. It’s bad enough that he’s beginning to suspect the people he would die for. He wouldn’t subject anyone else to that same torture. At least, not without proper proof.

So instead, he just sighs, setting the pill down. “This pill is designed to enhance cognitive abilities, memory retention, and focus. It's meant for patients suffering from neurodegenerative diseases or cognitive impairments. At least, that’s what I meant it to be for. Like I said, they’re highly unstable. The side effects….well I’m not entirely sure, but I’msure they’d be severe.”

“Chan said they belonged to that girl, the violin player. That she dropped them,” Felix said. “Do you think…”

“That she’s experiencing some crazy side effects?” Seungmin ran a hand through his hair. “Honestly? That girl is probably fucked all the way up.”

“I’m fucked,” 

Yoojin smacked her head onto the desk, burying her head in her hands. People in the library were staring and probably thought she was crazy. But she didn’t care. She was crazy. Or at least, about to be, because exams were coming up and she knocked over her expensive ass pills that she needed to focus.

She was fine the first day after the incident at Starlight Sonata. Perfectly fine. And she remained that way for the next five days, but it’s almost been a week and a half now, and she’s never gone that long without her pills. Not for a long while now. She thinks she's starting to lose her mind.

The pills were her lifeline, her key to success in her studies and her performances. Without them, she felt like her mind was slipping away, unable to grasp onto thoughts or ideas. She couldn't afford to fail, not when her future depended on it.

Sweat dripped down the back of her neck, though it was the middle of December, and the tension headache between her eyes from trying to focus for the past five hours was enough of a reason for her to decide that maybe it was time to leave the library. Before she really convinces everyone here that she is crazy.