002

"I know. But you want her. And that means I want her more."

Everything in Bangchan's posture said that he was relaxed, from the way one of his hands were comfortably stuffed in his pocket, to the slight slouch in his shoulders. But that was only because he knew that he had backup with him. Hidden, but there.

He glanced at the girl briefly. She didn't seem like anything special. Young. Younger than him, at least. Pin straight black hair and a small frame that was presently cowered underneath the vanity. There were bright red prescription pills scattered all over the floor, like they had been knocked over in the scuffle.

The man, one of the Syndicate, he knew, was holding his wounded arm close to his side, blood seeping through his fingers and standing stubbornly in front of the violin player. Lee Yoojin. Chan did his homework before he got here.

"Leave now, and I will let this slide," The man snarled now. "You have no business here."

"I do, actually," Chan replied evenly. "I came to watch the performance, but it looks like you were about to kidnap the performer. We can't have that now, can we?"

The man's eyes narrowed, his lips curling into a menacing snarl. "You're interfering in Syndicate business, Bangchan. You'll regret this."

Chan shrugged, using the head of his gun to scratch his head casually. "Maybe. But probably not. And speaking of interfering in business, your lot seem to be getting comfortable in our turf."

"Starlight Sonata is Syndicate territory!"

"I'm not," Chan met his eyes. "Talking about Starlight Sonata."

When the man tensed but didn't reply, Chan stepped forward, leaning to the side to get a better look at the violin player. She met his eyes briefly, flinched, and then looked away. He almost grinned at that. It seemed like his reputation preceded him.

"I wonder why you want her so bad," He mused, looking back at the man. "Girlfriend?"

The man shifted, ever so slightly, in an attempt to block her from view. "I could ask you the same question. Since you seem to be risking your relationship with The Syndicate just to keep me from taking her."

"Ah, she's not really my type," Chan could swear that the girl's expression morphed into one of offense. But that wouldn't make sense. Didn't she have bigger things to worry about right now? "And I'm not here for her. After I'm done getting what I want, you both can continue on your merry way."

"And what is it that you want?"

Chan smirked, his eyes glinting with a hint of mischief. "Information. See, there's been some rumors floating around about a little shipment coming through your organization. Weapons, I hear. Now, I'm not one to believe everything I hear, which is why I decided to drop by."