5: Together Again

—————/ Jinwoo POV /—————

We didn't talk on the way back. In his point of view he probably sees me as some sort of cold-blooded killer. But I'm not. That was my first time killing breathing, living people. I couldn't keep hesitating, as he said, with my life on the line, there's not much I can do. The alternative is forfeit.

We got our stories straight and maintained the story that the dungeon boss wiped out almost the entire party, and that Jinho took it down with the help of Rimuru.

That was very close. Rimuru is strong, and he's been holding back the entire time. I was going all out against him and I still couldn't make him budge until he got distracted.

Jinwoo: "Rimuru... I- "

Rimuru: "Do you have some things about yourself you'd like to spill?"

I held my tongue. I forgot that I still can't completely trust him yet. Besides, he's probably mad at me. I kept my silence and went home after I gave my number to Jinho since he asked.

—————/ Rimuru POV /—————

I'm not actually mad at Jinwoo. I just wanted to try fighting him and test his strength. He did seem to be genuine when he said he didn't have a choice. Besides Hwang Dongsuk and his crew were all vile murderers. What's most upsetting is that Jinwoo's risking it all for power, and I don't think he can stop like a speeding car with no brakes.

I'm only noticing this now but Ciel seems to have some problems. It don't really know what's wrong with her but I think something or someone's interfering with her. That should be impossible. No one knew the existence of Ciel except Veldora and maybe Charys I think, and maybe even Benimaru? I'm not completely sure but no one should be capable of digging and finding Ciel just like that.

Ciel: 'Master has nothing to worry about. I am perfectly fine...'

Rimuru: 'That in itself doesn't seem fine.'

Ciel: 'I merely a couple of small lapses in judgement from the excitement of being in a completely new place with new things to analyse!'

Rimuru: 'Huh. I guess that's a valid excuse.'

Ciel: 'Yes it is.'

And just like that, I know that something's probably up with Ciel. Guess it's fine though because she did help me a lot, and she even got a nice place for me to stay. It's a nice inn that she found with a decent price tag which I paid with a portion of the million won that I got from the mana crystals. I slump on my bed, happy that I can finally sleep at without having other people potentially peeping in on me like in the hospital.

Ring! Ring! I check my phone lazily. Oh. Seems I overslept. The Hunter Association's calling me. Hopefully they're not trying to bring me in for questioning again. On the contrary,

Rimuru: "A D-Rank dungeon, huh..."

I get myself up and buy a sandwich to go as a late breakfast.

—————/ Jinwoo POV /—————

Everyone's here. Everyone who survived that fateful encounter in the D-Rank double dungeon, the Cartenon Temple. From Hunter Lee Joohee to..... Hunter Kim Sangshik. He definitely didn't want to see us again, nonetheless, here we are. And rocking up late we have,

Rimuru: "Oh, hey guys."

He's munching on a sandwich nonchalantly. We all turn our heads to face him.

Chi-Yul: "Who are you?"

Rimuru: "My name's Rimuru. I'm a hunter that'll be joining you all."

Chi-Yul: "And what rank are you Mr Rimuru?"