Chapter 11 - The Chase & Lost Friend

~ ZANDER ~

"Zander?"

"Zander!"

"Bro?"

"Brother?"

"Brother?"

Those chocolate brown eyes still have the power to tame me, have the resilience to take me, and have the control to melt me yet my mind doesn't want to make me weak again, doesn't want to hear her excuses as these five years were like a prison to me; I was a living corpse without her, my heart wasn't even beating till now but after seeing her, something clicked inside me and I felt like breathing, like a normal human and so impassioned like never before.

Why did she still have power over me? Why can't I just forget about her knowing I meant nothing to her? And why is she even here chasing me again?

"BROTHER!"

I was startled when a hand dragged me down, my foot lurched to retain balance, and then my eyes finally focused on the person in front of me. My younger brother had that concerned look in his eyes.

"Were you even listening to me? Or did you truly wish to die?"

Venice's eyes moved to the rooftop fence darkly where I was standing before and then it hit me that I was looking like a suicidal person by being there who wished to end his life and it indisputably looked bad

"Why are you here?"

My eyes hardened at him as he just rolled his eyes at me.

"Don't worry, I am not here to ask you to be my good brother or hug me or even try to be there for me because you certainly can't 'cause you are a bad big brother and have failed yourself in being even a brother," He sneered.

His whole face was trembling with disappointment, his eyes were speaking of his anger, and his body language was about his rage towards me.

I certainly was a bad brother even failing as his guardian so he hates me is nothing new to me.

"Then why are you even here?"

I raised my eyebrow at him but he just shrugged his shoulders and stepped toward me.