Heirs of Evermore

The light poured through the windows. Lilia didn't notice that there would be a window in the tree. But she observed that the windows were holes in the tree. Everyone else was asleep, so she got up and changed herself. She walked out of the room and explored the area. Lilia went to the dining room but no one was there. The table was laid with the same bread as yesterday. She ate some of the food since there were only nine platters. After eating she went to a place that looked like a balcony. It was just a tree branch but some of its wood was like a railing. Lilia walked and heard a conversation going on. She hid in the leaves.

"Sunshine as a queen of one of the greatest cities!" said a voice. It sounded like Silverbrook's voice.

"Yes, Silverbrook why can't she?" said another voice. She thought it was Queen Lyetta's voice.

"Sunshine can rule, but remember Sulévar is the most powerful kingdom. I don't think she can rule it smoothly," said Silverbrook apologetically. "I think Florabell is a more suitable ruler but at Sunshine's birth, there came a switch. The eldest child of the ruler of Sulévar is the heir and I agree with that."

"Who knows maybe the heir of King Agran shall become a wiser ruler," said another voice, which sounded like Prince Arantar's voice. Lilia was glad and sad about what she heard. She was happy that her cousin was an heir of a great kingdom. Even though she usually liked playing more than doing responsibilities. But still with sadness that it had to be her. A prickling feeling of bitter resentment filled her. Lilia came closer but stepped on a twig and it snapped. Lilia was humble enough to understand she would be caught, so she went and stepped forward greeting them.

"Good morning," greeted Lilia. Bowing low to Lyetta and Arantar. She was surprised that as she stood up, they bowed to her.

"Welcome, Lilia daughter of Dallin," he greeted back.

"Did you have breakfast?" asked Queen Lyetta. Lilia nodded. "Silverbrook wake up the other children."

"Of course, 'Your Majesty'," responded Silverbrook. She flew away and Lilia was left with Arantar and Lyetta.

"Follow me," said Lyetta.

Now Lyetta and Arantar led Lilia into another room. Leading her across a balcony. The pathway was filled with leaves that would've been difficult to pass if it weren't for the branches opening by themselves. The room was dark and big, but a few lanterns were still there, lit already. Wooden chairs were there and a little hole in the room shone on a glass picture. It looked like the gem which they had found in the museum. Around each side of it were eight symbols one different than the other. Some kind of eight-pointed star was connected to those eight symbols with light. Lilia sat down and was beginning to wonder if she was still asleep or not.

"You are knowledgeable of our world, are you not?" said Prince Arantar.

"Yes, of course, 'Your Majesty'," answered Lilia awkwardly.

"I liked to be called by just my name," replied Arantar. "Your mother and father are known to be rulers of a kingdom. Tar-Arûn, where its descendants are known for the manipulation of fire and making of innovative gadgets or as you know, technology. Silverbrook told us about your knowledge of the Eight Kingdoms and the many legends. Pray, is this true?"

"Yes, Arantar. Silverforook's been teaching me through her stories. At first, I only thought they were fairytales. Until she said that her home was real and that I had a real father and mother here." Lilia still held on to Arantar's last statement. That her father and mother were a king and queen of Tar-Arûn. Strangely, this was the same kingdom Silverbrook told stories of the most. She blurted out:

"Please, Prince Arantar, are my parents still alive. Where are they now if so?" Her hope and joy vanished when she saw the pained look in the elf's eyes.