New Generation (2)

(Arvidium and Sierra are about to begin on a journey to find whatever remaining hope there is of the newly infected city they called home. They stay the night inside of a hanging tree house to avoid the infected and strangers, until the morning came.)

Arvidium: -stretches and yawns hard,making a crackling sound with my back and arms-This is the last time I come in these things....-looks over at Sierra, who is staring out of the window-

Sierra: So many cars piled up.. What're  chances of one of them still working on at least half a tank?

Arvidium: Pretty fair chances, but likely not here. Maybe around the corner we can find a good one, fully functional.

Sierra: I hope so, I don't feel like walking all day, especially with those things around.

Arvidium: Same here. -thinks for a minute,pulls out a tiny solar panel charger and sticks it in the window sill,plugs my tablet into it-

Sierra: What're you doing? What is that thing?

Arvidium: I'm looking for somewhere safe, and this is a portable charger, operated by 500 mini solar/lunar panels. Gonna be pretty handy for a crisis like this.-looks through the map-Found a few places, but the closest is at Methodist University.

Sierra: That's on the other side of town. How are we gonna get there in a timely manner?

Arvidium: It's a 30 minute drive, meaning if we find the right car and manage to run out of gas, it should be more than a 5 minute walk.-checks the live feed from every camera in the city-

Sierra: -nods and sighs softly- Think they're making a cure?

Arvidium: It's the rule. If you make a virus, you need a cure in case it gets too bad.-looks at the screen and my eyes widen-What the?....What the hell is that?-points to what looks like a 9 foot tall human, with a metal claw-That thing is big.

Sierra: -crawls over and sees it, gasps softly-I saw that thing yesterday, it was running after a few people with some cage on its back. That thing is fast.

Arvidium: Let's keep a mental note not to get caught by that thing.

Sierra: Already did.-smiles softly and looks at the camera in the corner, sees a 2010 limited edition Nissan 370Z in the driveway- Hey, that's Mike's car. It's gotta be good for us to use.

Arvidium: You sure it hasn't been scavenged for parts?

Sierra: Positive. Everyone on the block knew not to mess with his car, it's tight security itself.

Arvidium: A car with its own to tight security systems?...Interesting. But how will we get to drive it if it has a tight lockdown?

Sierra:I have it under control. It's a code that he used to keep everything locked. He had told me when dropping me off to the mall a few months back.

Arvidium: I hope you know what you're doing.-looks at the neighborhood street and sees one of the walkers standing still-There's one of those things from the woods. That one chased me when I climbed the fence.

Sierra: Think about what you're doing, there may be more with him.-finds an arrow and picks up my compact bow- Know how to hunt?

Arvidium: You kidding?-smiles and takes the bow, gently plucks the rope to test the power-I used to hunt all the time, and this bow was the only type I used.

Sierra: I hope you know wh- (with the sound of a whistling wing, the arrow flies through the window and directly through the walker 's left ear, making it drop fast and silently) Nice shot!