⁴ ● visitor's carriage

ELISE

As Elise was braiding her hair, she heard a knock at her door. She quickly tied the small braids she had made behind her head and stood up.

"Come in," She said, not expecting the person who stood at the door. Her father looked at her, a smile on his face.

"Is that for the tourney?" Elise nodded. "You look beautiful, but I must inform you that you will not be attending the tourney." Elise frowned as she stared at her father, smoothing out her purple dress.

"Why?" She asked in disbelief. Everyone was going to the tourney whether they liked it or not. Maena had been complaining to her about it non-stop.

If she was being honest, she was quite excited for the tourney, but only because her brother was fighting and she wanted to be there to support him.

A knight stepped out from behind her father, causing the girl's frown to deepen. "You are heading to Runestone to visit your Aunt Aliyah and your brother."

Her eyes widened as she noticed the chest the knight was holding. "Your things have already been packed. Follow Ser Francis, he will show you to the carriage."

"Father, why am I going?" Otto didn't answer. He only wrapped his arms around the girl for a moment before letting her go.

"You won't stay long. No more than a week." Elise nodded. She couldn't do anything about what was going to happen. When her father commanded something, she had no power to deny it.

Following the knight outside, she felt compelled to ask him if he knew anything.

She herself was curious, and the redhead knight could provide answers if he knew them.

"Ser, what has he told you about why I'm going?" The knight merely shrugged.

"I know as much as you. I've only been told that I would be accompanying you, my Lady."

Elise frowned, still confused about everything. "Wait, don't I get to say goodbye to Alicent?" Elise asked, her voice shaking ever so slightly.

"I'm afraid not, my Lady. According to your father, we're already late."

◇◇◇

Elise held onto her things as the carriage hopped over the stones on the road, nearly causing her to fall over.

They had been riding for nearly two days without stopping, and she wondered when they would near Runestone.

Looking out the windows of the carriage was pointless because there were no castles or places she would recognize that would tell her where she was.

Runestone was an unfamiliar place to her, one that she had never been to even though her brother lived there with their aunt.

Aunt Aliyah was her father's sister, and she carried the Hightower name until she married Lord Melcolm of Old Anchor's son.

Once the old Lord passed, the title of Lord Melcolm passed to his son, Darian, her aunt's husband.

She'd never met the Lord in her life and the last time she saw her aunt was when the Stranger had come for her mother.

She didn't know how to feel about the visit, but she did know she was excited to see her brother. Greyon was her eldest brother, and probably her favourite.

He never had anything to say about her views on religion or the bearing of children, and when they were young, they got along better than any of their other siblings.

She couldn't wait to see him again.

The carriage suddenly stopped, causing Elise to almost topple over onto her things, but she managed to stay upright for just long enough before Ser Francis grabbed her shoulders, helping her.

The carriage door opened, revealing that it was cloudy outside, much to Elise's dismay.

She stepped out of the carriage, straightening out her purple dress and looking around. From where she stood, she could taste the salt in the air, something that surprised her.

There were beaches in King's Landing, but none that were so clean that you could taste the salt in the air.

"Ser Francis," The redhead knight looked down at the girl. "Yes, my Lady?" Elise smiled. "Can you taste the salt?" The knight nodded, a small smile appearing on his face.

"I can, my Lady. Shall I help you with your things?" He asked, making Elise put down the heavy case at her feet.

"Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ser." As they walked up to the castle, Elise spotted a woman wearing a green dress standing by a cliff near the castle, looking out at the waves crashing against the shore.

Elise immediately recognized the woman as her aunt by her long auburn locks that both she and her sister inherited.

The girl picked up her dress, ran up the hill, and eventually reached the cliff where her aunt stood.

The woman turned around, smiling when she saw her niece. "Elise!" She flung her arms around the girl, nearly squeezing the life out of her.

"Oh, how you've grown. Come, let us go inside. Your uncle is waiting to meet you."

◇◇◇

A/N- Aliyah is the second time I've used Emily Blunt as a face claim in a HOTD fic, but it's just because I love her so much!!! The second part of Elise's visit will be included in Chapter 6. Also, new cover! ~D