| 6 |

Crossed The Line | Jessica Baio

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

After Charm's unexpected departure, Nova decided to go dress shopping, seeing that the gala was only two days away.

We had asked Charm to tag along, but she claimed that she had to get some homework done and that she would try to come along in about half an hour—that is, if we were still shopping, which we probably would be.

Nova drags me into an aesthetic dressing store, filled with all kinds of gowns and dresses, with people ogling at them through the French windows in the front, most likely chatting about the dresses.

"This looks classy." Nova comments, her eyes skimming through every inch of the boutique, before giving me an assuring grin.

The entirety of the interior was in pastel pink, and LED lights illuminated pink dewy light all over the store.

"Oh, it does." I snort and poorly cover it up with a cough when she gives me a look.

"Still better than that odd thrift store you chucked us into a few minutes ago." She snaps, her fingers dragging through a silky blue dress hung to the clothing stand.

"How do you expect me to know that the owner was a pervert who wanted to see girls in tiny corsets without skirts?" I pouted, crossing my hands over my chest as she put the dress to her front and assessed herself in the mirror.

"Tiny corsets?" She exclaimed in disbelief. "That piece of rag barely covered your boobs!"

"Fi-"

"And the skirt part?" She huffs. "Don't even get me started on how he even deemed that as decent."

I sigh, agreeing with her.

To be fair, I didn't know that he would ask me to model for his pamphlet, only wearing a short as fuck skirt that barely covered my ass and a tiny piece of cloth you would dare to call a corset. I didn't even have to try it on to know that it was a dress with the fittings of an 8-year-old kid in mind. I slapped the dress onto his counter and stormed out of the store with Nova, cursing him out at how he could even think about giving a student something like that.

"Hey, welcome to Showstoppers! What are you looking for?" A small voice interrupts our rambling and we both turn to the source of the voice.

A petite blond girl stood beside us, dressed in a black uniform. She smiles at us with an iPad in her hand and measuring tape in the other.

"Do you have cocktail dresses by any chance? " Nova conveys.

Her smile widens and she walks forward, signaling us to follow her. "Well say no more! We have the perfect collection, newly released- might I add, with the perfect fit for posh parties."

"It shouldn't be too over the par with stones and such," I mention and she nods.

"There is a wide variety of dresses you can choose from, ranging between simple and exquisite and a few classic ball gowns too, modernized-of course." She informs, stopping in the middle of a dazzling room filled with dresses hung in the colour scheme.

"Pick your choice, Ladies." She offers, walking away to another customer who just entered the store.

"Wow. We had this store and chose to view that trash before?" Nova mutters lowly, signaling to the previous event.

"I know right." I agree.

"I should probably ask Ezekiel which colour he chose. We wanted to match." She shrugs, fishing out her phone.