/ / n o t e s

- Set after season 4 of Legacies (story begins Oct 1st 2031)

- Klaus, Hayley, Elijah, Enzo, and Stefan are alive.

- Klaus and Elijah didn't die because Hope sacrificed herself by letting the Hollow kill her. She became a fully activated Tribrid the night she first transformed into a werewolf at 15, in 2027.

- Hayley didn't die because Klaus and Caroline made it to the house in time before Greta bound her werewolf side.

- Enzo is alive because the season 8 storyline didn't happen; it was all avoided because he and Damon didn't get stuck in the Armory's basement. After the Armory members died, they locked the cell door again and that's what Bonnie sealed shut instead of the entire building (and Alaric owns it). Enzo and Bonnie currently live in Paris, and they're only slightly relevant to the story.

- Caroline forgave Stefan for leaving, but not enough to resume their relationship. They're friends just how they used to be again.

- Stefan never took the cure. He still mainly lives in Mystic Falls (to be close to Damon, Stefanie, and Grayson) but he's currently traveling abroad with Valerie Tulle, his wife.

- Klaus and Caroline are together. They got married in 2024, when Hope was 12 and the twins were 10.

- The only thing that didn't happen in the season 4 timeline is Hope's personified humanity existing. Hayley is the one who turned it back on.

- Landon (and Rafael) don't attend the school yet. Because he was the trigger for Malivore and Triad's arrival, Malivore hasn't become a problem.

- Camille is still dead, so Klaus moved back to Mystic Falls with Hope when she decided to go back to school. He lives in the Mikaelson family compound again (from seasons 3 and 4 of TVD).

- After Ken died, Hope hid his spear herself, and compelled Alaric to only remember where it was after she were to ever become a threat again. Because god magic is impervious to witch magic, she couldn't directly cloak it, so she hid it in a wall inside the family compound in New Orleans and cloaked the entrance to it.

- Because Ben was freed from Malivore by his death, and Malivore is still alive, Ben made a deal with him and got out in a different way. He and Jen live together on a farm.

- Klaus helps Caroline and Alaric run the school.

- Hayley and Elijah are married and live in the NOLA compound with Freya, Keelin, and Nik.

- When Penelope left to go to the witch school in Belgium, she asked Josie to come with her and she said yes. They're back in a relationship and living happily ever after.

- When the story starts, Lizzie still believes she's straight; she and Hope aren't dating, but they have unsaid feelings for each other.

- MG, Ethan, and Jed haven't identified themselves as achillean yet, but MG and Ethan both have feelings for each other, while Jed has feelings for Kaleb.

- When Caroline found out Klaus had been missing for three years, she took the twins back home and returned to New Orleans to help him. He didn't know what she did to free him and she waited another year before coming back for him, which is what started their official relationship. Hope was seven and the twins were five.

/ / Will be adding to this part as the story comes along. Feel free to ask questions you're confused about so I can clear it up here!