Chapter One

His eyes sparkled like the morningstar, diverting my attention from the shadowed depths within.

As our gazes met, a flicker of transformation swept through his somber stare. Longingly, his clouds of confusion dissipated, revealing a sun of familiarity, tinged with a touch of carnal allure, as if an ancient flame had rekindled within the depths of his soul.

Snapping out of the trance, I quickly averted my gaze from his, my eyes searching for any distraction, as I nervously fumbled with my stockings that came up to mid-thigh to accentuate my smooth, milky white legs. Just then, the captivating man and a lady detective approached the table where I sat, and suddenly, the uncomfortable stone-cold chair beneath me became all too noticeable as I squirmed around uncomfortably.

The serious blonde detective—serious about her job, not her hair color, gave the man a subtle yet reprimanding look before he quickly regained his composure. Thought if she were really serious about being blonde, she wouldn't have paired that navy blazer with those tragic white shoes.

"Hi, I'm Detective Chloe Decker. I'll be asking you a few questions today, alongside my parter, Lucifer Morningstar," she cleared her throat as Lucifer's remained fixated on me. "We just want to discuss what you witnessed earlier. Is that okay with you? I know what you saw must've been pretty scary for a young girl like you."

Despite Detective Decker's efforts to pry answers from me, I sat there avoiding her as much as I could while playing with the hem of my dress, totally zoning out. Speaking of he dress, I absolutely loved it! It had a white, velvety, full skirt that fell just a few inches above my knees, leaving a small patch of my skin exposed between the stockings and the dress. Turns out I spaced out during the entire interview, or at least until Detective Decker gave up on getting me to talk.

"Well, since you're refusing to talk, I suppose we'll have to set you up with a psychiatrist to help you process this and get information from you." The cold detective said sternly before storming off. However, Lucifer stayed behind. His eyes locked with mine.

"Don't you know it's rude to stare?" I sarcastically questioned him.

"Even if what I happen to be staring at is a beautiful little thing?" He flirtatiously responded. His British accent and the way words just rolled off his tongue was so... nostalgic?

"You're in a police department, you might want to keep it in your pants, Mr. Morningstar. Also, it's rude to call a lady a thing." I stated matter-of-factly, crossing my arms and pouting dramatically.

"Well, Elizabeth is it? Mind if I call you Lizzy?"

"Actually, mind quite a bit, thank you!" I reply right away with a bit of sincerity.

"Well little Lizzy, I was wondering if you'd like to come home with me and... continue this conversation. It's not like you have anywhere to go, don't you, my dear defenseless Dolly?"

His vaguely threatening tone made me feel small compared to him. I didn't mind that I had no family or friends to run off to, let alone an actual place to live, but the way he said it made me feel kinda sad about it.

I stumbled over my words, uncertain wether going to his place was a good idea. After all, I'm only thirteen and god knows how old he is! Obviously trying to avoid spending any more time with this man, he silently got up from his chair—and approached me. With his charming demeanor, he extended his hand as I bit my lip nervously.

"You shouldn't harm those lovely lips of yours, little Dolly., he whispered as I reluctantly took his hand and stood up. Too flustered to even speak, I obediently followed him. I couldn't help but feel like a little lost puppy, desperately seeking comfort in his presence.

Guiding me with a touch that was gentle yet overwhelmingly firm, he led me away from the precinct, igniting a whirlwind of emotions within me. My heart fluttered, unsure and entangled in a battle with my nervous, knot-filled stomach. But as I wrestled with my conflicting emotions, he interlaced his fingers with mine and in that moment, the fervent butterflies of love triumphed.