Chapter 4

I walked into my room and saw my mum tied to a chair with rope around her mouth. I ran to her and tried to undo the ropes but just then my dad came barging in with more ropes and another chair. I got terrified.

My dad took hold of me and slammed me to the floor punched me a lot of times and then got a small-ish rope and tied it around my mouth. He picked me up. Shoved me onto the chair and tied me to the chair.

It was really uncomfortable but I couldn't complain because I couldn't speak.

By now I had realised that I wasn't the only one that was getting abused in the family. It was my mum as well. Sometimes I wished that I was Hayley so I wouldn't suffer from abuse but I wouldn't want Hayley to suffer either.

It had been hours and Hayley came in and whispered to us that dad was asleep so she asked us if we wanted anything.
"yes" I said. " one, I'm hungry and two, I need to PEE!!!"
"alright, alright" hayley said. "I'll set you free but then I'll have to tie you up again for dad"

We were set free by Hayley and had food and has lots of fun. At ten o'clock Hayley tied us back up and we all went to sleep.

In the morning, I was awoken by the sound of pans in the kitchen.
'what is going on' I thought to myself.
Soon I heard Hayleys footsteps come out of her bedroom. She said hi then went downstairs to dad. I wondered how sge must find all of this. Is she scared that she might become a part of this abuse??
I was scared that Hayley was to become a part of abuse and I'm sure mum is aswell.

After weeks and weeks and probably months me and my mum were finally freed. We couldn't feel our legs at first but managed to get downstairs.
Dad apologized and said that he was stressed but I didn't really get that.

He gave us a hug but dug his nails into my back and scraped down really hard. It was painful. First he said he was sorry but then he digs his nails into my back?

I ran upstairs and said I was going to do school by first I checked my back. Ok. Four quite deep scratches down my back.

I slowly did school for the past two weeks and did school for today as well. I was surprised how I fitted two weeks worth of school into a few hours.

A few hours later I heard dad yell bye to us and drive off down the road. When I was certain that he had gone I went downstairs TK see mum and Hayley. They were eating dinner and there was an extra plate for me.

Mum an Hayley finished so they went to the living room. I over heard mum asking if Hayley was scared when we were tied up to a chair. She said yes.

"Skai" mum shouted. "come here"
"ok" I said. "coming"

I finished my dinner and then walked into the living room.

"are you scared of dad"? Asked mum.
"yes" I said. "I am very much"
"right then" said mum. "go upstairs and go and finish school"
"ok" me and Hayley said.

We both went upstairs and finished school. I heard mum speak on the phone downstairs.

Mum POV

I told Hayley and Skai to finish school so I could call the adoption centre. I want them to be safe. I don't care what their dad thinks I'm getting them adopted by a kind and caring family that can still take then to gymnastics.

After a few minutes on hold, I managed to get an interview with a family to adopt Hayley and Skai. I don't want them to leave but I have to do whats best.

Skai POV

I heard a knock at the door and I wondered who it was. I heard a lady and a man talking to mum.

I went downstairs to see what was going on.

"oh hello Skai" said mum. "this is Sheila and Mark"
"hello" I said. "mum what are they doing here"?
"we might adopt you and your younger sister" said Sheila.
"WHAT"!!!! I yelled. "WHY"??
"it's for your own good" said mum.
"my own good"?!? I said.
"yes" mum said. "to keep you and Hayley safe from dad"

I ran upstairs ad told Hayley. Hayley was fine with it because she wanted to get away from dad as soon as possible. So did I. But not without mum. I wanted to stay with mum. I wanted mum safe as well. Because she was getting hurt aswell as me and Hayley. I wanted Hayley to be safe aswell.

I wanted them to be safe more than I wanted myself to be safe.

But I suppose it's for the best.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I promised yoyoaubrey that I would post this chapter. Thank you for reading my book!!

Puj xxx