Chapter 11

Flashback

We had no idea where we were going to go but we trusted Sheila.
We met with sheila downstairs and went to the car. We drive for quite awhile until the car stops. At first I don't recognise the place as I was half asleep.

Then I recognise where we are...

End of flashback

We are at the adoption centre. We never stayed here because mum just rang up sheila and mark from the adoption centre.

"Why are we here"? Asked Hayley.

"Its not safe for you anymore" said sheila through tears.

I was annoyed and mad at sheila but I understood why. She wants to protect us.

"Come on Hayley" I said. "Sheila only want to protect us okay"?

"Fine" said Hayley.

We both got out of the car whilst sheila got our bags.

"What will happen to the rest of our stuff at home"? I asked.

"I will bring it here soon" said sheila. "I love you girls you know that right"?

Me and Hayley both nodded.

Sheila gave us both hugs and we tried to keep the tears in.

"Hi girls" said a woman. "I'm Maria and I'll be looking after you along with all the other boys and girls"

"Hi" I said. "I'm Skai and this is my little sister Hayley"

"Well nice to meet you girls" maria said. "Let's show you to your rooms"

We walked up four flights of stairs to the top floor. It was very quiet and I wondered where all the other children were.

"Okay so this is the highest floor in the house so Skai this can be your room" maria said pointing to the left. "And Hayley this can be your room" *pointing to the right*

We both looked at each other and smiled. I was nervous to have my own room here because I didn't know what the other kids are like but Hayley seemed happy.

"You both have a bathroom to share which is in the middle of your rooms" maria said. "The other kids have to share the two bathrooms on the lower floors".

We both walked into our own rooms and I started to unpack. I put the clothes that I had with me in my wardrobe and all my toiletries in the bathroom and then checked on Hayley. I helped her finish unpacking her things.

"Come on Hayley" I said. "Let's go explore"

"Okay" said Hayley.

The top floor only consisted of mine and Hayley's rooms and bathroom.

The third floor had six bedrooms and an bathroom and the second floor had eight bedrooms and a bathroom. So there was 16 children including me and Hayley.

The bottom floor had a living room, kitchen, dining room, a games room and another bathroom.

Next we went out into the back garden where we saw all the children.

There was a tennis court, trampoline and lots of other toys scattered around the ground.

"Hi I'm Tom" said a boy around Hayley's age. "Do you want to play tennis with me"?

"Yeah we would love to" Hayley said. "Come on Skai"

For the rest of the afternoon we were all playing outside on the trampoline and tennis and volleyball. All the older teenagers went inside as they didn't want to play.

"Hey kids"! Shouted Maria from the door. "Foods ready"!

All the children ran inside screaming. Me and Hayley walked in behind them and tried to keep up with the other kids so we knew where to go.

"Hey Hayley" shouted tom. "Come sit here next to me"

"Go on Hayley I'll sit here" I said.

Hayley ran off to sit next to her new friend. I on the other hand did not make any friends yet. Apart from tom of course but he's more Hayley's friend.

After we all ate our food, everyone went into the living room and the eldest girl stood up in front of the TV.

"Okay so we all know we have two new children with us now" she said. "We all have to introduce ourselves so they know our names at least"

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Well my names Willow and I'm the eldest here" said Willow. "So if you ever need anything come to me or Maria"

All the other children introduced themselves. The youngest that was there was five year old Oscar.

We all decided to watch a movie before the younger ones went to bed. We watched Boss Baby for Oscar before he and two others went to bed.

Hayley and tom and the other children went to bed and 4 teenagers and me were left downstairs to watch another movie. We ended up watching a horror movie.

When the movie finished I went upstairs and got ready for bed and read a book and prepared myself for the morning.

Later that night I heard my door open and Hayley jump into my bed.

"I had a nightmare" she whispered.

"Its okay" I said. "I'm here". And I hugged her.

"It was about Sid" she said.

I sat up and turned my bedside lamp on.

"Hayley, its going to be okay" I said reassuring her. "We are away from Sid now, he doesn't know where we are"

"Okay" Hayley said through tears.

I let Hayley drift off to sleep whilst I was trapped in my thoughts about Sid, Sheila and Mark.

I eventually drifted off to a deep sleep. 

So I hope you enjoyed that chapter. Honestly I have no clue where this book is going I just write whatever comes to my mind. I hope this isn't too boring for you all.
Thank you Lubna_Emrage for helping me and motivating me to write more of my books and to carry on with them. ❤💖

Paige ❤❤