039

4 months later.....

Shay Shay💋
______________________

Nine months pregnant with baby Jamaal,to how mi belly big people a ask if a twin mi ago have. Jah know if mi could a only tek off e belly and put it down fi just one minute, wat a relief dat would a be.

Sitting around the table I sipped a cup of ginger tea. A plate of fried breadfruits, egg,a slice of toast bread and two slices of pineapple covered in mayo and ketchup right beside me.

“Morning b,”said Geo walking into the room,yawning.

He stopped when he saw what I was eating a worried and disgusted look on his face.

“Pineapple wid mayo and ketchup b,”he said in disbelief and I laughed nodding.

“Dat even worser than when yuh eat e saltfish wid chocolate,”he said taking up his plate off the counter.

He placed his plate on the table and made himself a cup of chocolate tea.

“A todeh a yuh last day fi go a clinic?”he asked.

“E nurse seh this a most likely e last day mi a go...but if mi no have e baby yet mi haffi go come week after next week, ”i said.

“Oh...e betta come now cuz a long time we a wait pon him,”he said touching my belly and I felt him kicking.

I hissed in pain and a worried expression came over Geo's face.

“A wah...yah feel pain?!”he asked getting up.

“No mi good...e just a kick,”i said taking a deep breath.

After eating I got ready to leave.

“Yuh sure yuh no want mi follow yuh b?”he asked for the third time.

“Mi alright b...ano far e clinic deh anyways,”i said taking up the car keys.

It has been awhile since I had driven my car,Geo has been insisting to carry me everywhere in his car,ever since I got pregnant.

I backed my pink Mercedes Benz out of the garage and slowly drove out of the driveway.

Turning up the radio I blasted a few of my favourite songs,about 45 minutes later I pulled up at the clinic.

There was a good amount of people there, Sherily a lady that I had met while I was going to the clinic greeted me.

“Yuh nuh drop e Prada yet,”she joked.

“Right  now mi no know wah a tek him so long, ”i said laughing.

I went to the front to get registered and  then went back to sit beside Sherily.

We started a little convo until my phone began to ring and Sherily was called by the doctor. I went outside to answer the call, it was Cece.

Bestieee wah gwaan,”i said.

“Mi deh yah...which part yuh deh yah now,”

“Mi deh a clinic, ”i replied.

I suddenly felt that sharp pain like he was kicking me.

“A wah do yuh?”she asked when I hissed in pain taking quick breaths. This time it was a bit longer than the first time.

Ano nutting,”i said after it finally stopped.

“Yuh sure ano pain yah feel,”she said.