1|The Start

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Kaida 'Indigo' Aoki| 18

🗓️Friday, April 7th📍Crestwood High School

"That will be all for today's class, remember your projects are due next week. Have a great weekend" my MOB teacher dismisses us and I quickly pack away my stuff.

It was a little after 1 on a Friday and this was my last class for the day. After this, I had to meet my father and sister at his company to go over my schedule for the upcoming business week.

But before I get into that, I do want to formally introduce myself. I'm eighteen years old Kaida Aoki, second daughter of Kaito and Leilani Aoki, the owners of one of the largest Tech companies in both the eastern and western hemisphere.

My father's Japanese and my mother's Jamaican, they met on a cruise fell in love and had my sister and I. I was born in Japan and we lived there for a while but moved to Jamaica when I was 10 to continue my studies.

I spoke both languages but felt more comfortable speaking my father's native tongue. It was mandatory for my sister and I to speak other languages so here I was also knowing how to speak Spanish, Chinese and French.

"Yah go home now?" Priscilla asks walking up to me and I nod.

She's been my best friend since primary school, almost like the sister I wanted but never got since Asami and I don't necessarily have the best relationship.

My mother also doesn't like her because of her parents 'parenting style' but that's only because Priscilla had the freedom to go to parties, wear whatever she wanted and freely engage in relationships with the opposite sex.

"Yea, you want me to drop you home?" I asked zipping up my bag and she nods, "I was going to let Njay come get me but mi vex wid him right now" she says and I swing my bag over my shoulder.

Njay's her boyfriend of two years and they argue like they've been married for over 40. You'll see them all over each other now and the next minute they're fighting.

"Wah him do now?" I asked as we made our way to the parking lot and she pouts, "Mi search him phone last night and see him a message this girl"

"Him a cheat pan yuh?" I ask in disbelief, unlocking my jeep for us to climb in, "I think so, when mi go fi read the messages good him grab the phone" she says and I frown.

I've only ever met him twice but he always handles her with such care and delicacy that I'd never thought he would cheat on her.

Unlike Pris, I've never been in a relationship. Every time a guy showed interest in me, it was with a secret motive with hopes of getting close to my sister.