13

⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩 .𖥔

<>

<>

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Sergeant asked.

We were struggling to carry the kayak along the beach side. It was dark and no one could really see much. We were stumbling over rocks and tripping over things we couldn't see. We had to work as a group to get our way back to base.. but it seemed like it was only tearing us apart.

"Klewinski Pick up your feet!" Someone yelled.

"I am!" He grunted.

Someone had tripped and fallen causing us to make a stop.

"Jones Get the fuck up!" Someone yelled.

He had gotten up and we continued our way.

"How much longer of this do you think we have?" Tristan asked.

"I don't know but my arms feeling like they're falling." I grunted.

It's true. Although a Kayak doesn't seem heavy they even added some of the heaviest items around base. It made it harder to carry.

"Just a little longer! Push yourselves!" Sergeant Julius yelled.

"Work together!" He shouted.

We have been running for miles and we finally came to a stop. Everyone is tired, but they wouldn't let us quit they don't want quitters.

"Why did you guys stop?" He spoke sternly.

"Are you guys tired! You haven't done shit!" He laughed.

We all panted trying to catch our breathes.

"Well what are you waiting for? Pick it up!" He demanded.

I let out a small huff of defeat while we lifted the Kayak back up.

"Jackson do you want to be here?" Lieutenant Lee asked.

"Yes, I do." He groaned.

"Are you absolutely sure?" Lieutenant Lee asked again.

"I'm positive sir!" he yelled.

"Then look like it!" He shouted.

We felt absolutely defeated. Once we walked most of the long walk of the dessert we ran halfway to back to base. A part of me wanted to slam this stupid Kayak in the ground but I knew I would get some type of severe punishment. We saw a piece of base. We all yelled and cheered in excitement. A few small steps and we were close to a small victory.

"You're finished." He spoke sternly.

We all dropped the kayak and tried to catch our breaths. None of this was easy and no one said it would be. The army takes hard work and dedication. But you also needed discipline.