The Birth of the Flame

It's a pleasure to hear once again that many people have enjoyed my previous stories. I greet you, my friends, as KaleidoMirror. I am working on updating and improving my stories, and I may consider revisiting some of them. For now, I'll bring you the enhanced and revised versions.

Greetings to all.

Amidst the dense clouds that shroud the immortal skies, hidden within the divine mist that enshrouds it, rises a landmass that escapes mortal sight. A place that oozes divinity and mystery, its magnificence rivaled only by its inaccessibility. Olympus, once situated on the eponymous mountain in Greece, stands as the abode of the Olympian gods since time immemorial.

Within the majestic Throne Hall, located in Zeus's temple, the sovereign monarch sits on his golden throne, exuding a formidable presence. His countenance, usually serene, currently reflects noticeable displeasure. Outside, lightning and thunder rumble, obscuring the view of the constellations that once adorned the celestial ceiling. The thrones of the other Olympian gods sit vacant at the moment, silent witnesses to the restlessness that plagues the ruler of the gods.

In the center of the vast chamber, a blazing fire burns brightly, casting golden gleams that illuminate Zeus's furrowed brow. A deep disquiet stirs within him, for he has sensed a disruption in the threads of fate for a fleeting moment. Just as the flame appears to flicker into darkness, it reignites with astonishing speed. Something has disturbed the balance of the world, a challenge to the divine harmony that only he seems to have detected.

Assuming the form of an immense eagle, the King of the Gods abandons the hall in a nocturnal flight that will take him to the far reaches of the world. Through his divine senses, he discerns the source of the disturbance, a flame originating from the Land of the Rising Sun, as humans of this era call it. He follows the trail of this mystery as he descends upon a city with astounding population density: Japan.

Transforming his appearance to that of an imposing man, with a tanned complexion and meticulously trimmed beard, his eyes emit a penetrating gaze. He walks the streets of this archipelago, which he hasn't seen in a long time. Although he dislikes the idea of being in lands beyond his dominion, he cannot afford to divert his attention from the intrigue that has brought him here. With firm and resolute steps, he ventures into an urban labyrinth, where it seems that the traces of disturbance have dissipated without a trace.

Leaving his throne and kingdom is not something Zeus does lightly, and he dismisses the notion that his advanced age is the cause of this unease. That nagging restlessness, ever-increasing, compels him to investigate further, aware that he cannot prolong his stay without arousing unwanted suspicions. The King of the Olympian gods, visiting the land of another pantheon without apparent reason, could generate more conflicts than he is willing to tolerate. And so, casting a final glance at the imposing Throne Hall, he decides to return temporarily to his home on Olympus, but he will not forget what he has experienced.

Hephaestus, the god of forges and fire, has led a life marked by solitude and misunderstanding. Throughout the millennia, his genius as an inventor and blacksmith has kept him apart from his divine brethren and, at times, from mortals as well. His mistakes, some irreparable, have been borne on his divine shoulders like heavy burdens.

He has come to the conclusion that, often, dealing with machines is simpler than dealing with humans. If you break a machine, you can repair it, but when you break a person, the wounds run much deeper and are harder to heal. This lesson, etched into his heart by the fervor of volcanic fire, has led him to isolate himself from both gods and mortals.

He decides to descend to the mortal realm and seek the solitude of seclusion, where his only companions are the creations of his own hand and the blazing flames of his forge. Here, far from divine troubles and intrigues, he can lose himself in his work and the spark of creativity. Transforming his divine appearance into that of a slender man, with tanned skin and a disheveled beard, he strides through the bustling streets of a city he never expected to visit again: Japan.