SHOWDOWN X ON X THE AIRSHIP

————

    We're currently all gathered in the chairman's blimp as we head towards the third phase

   "I will now take the opportunity to introduce myself properly to the remaining 43 applicants, I am netero the chairman of the selection committee for this years hunter exam, it is a pleasure to meet all of you"

   "And I'm his secretary beans!" I awed at the sight of the cutest green little bean. "I had originally planned to make my appearance during the exams final phase but well seeing as how I'm already here... I have to admit there's nothing more than this feeling of tension in the air so I'll stick around for the remainder of the trip" netero chuckled "we are scheduled to arrive at our destination hour morning at 8 o'clock am exactly, you'll find dinner waiting for you in the dining hall, your also welcome to get some rest of course, your free to do as you please until we contact you. The evening is yours" and with that bean concluded "hey cmon let's go and explore the airship" killua told me and gon "yeah!" We both said as we ran off giggling.

      -time skip-

  "Hey kids what are you doing stay out of the kitchen, go eat in the dining hall with the others" we got thrown out of the kitchen making me laugh a bit.

     We're now walking through the halls when suddenly killua runs towards the window "hey! Awesome! Look!" He called for us too "what is it?" I asked before running to the window as well and seeing a beautiful image of the city "woah it's like it's covered in jewels" gon gleamed "yeah!"

     "Hey so I was wondering, your guy's parents are they- I mean where are they" gon asked the two of us. I was sitting on the window panel staring at the city "they're alive... probably" killua spoke "what do they do?" Gon questioned again "they're assassins" killua replied which made my attention turn back to him "they both are??" Gon also looked at him which made killua start to laugh "that's your response, you really are a riot aren't ya" killua said in between his laugh, I felt a pinch of heat on my cheeks as I looked at killua smiling but I quickly let go of it and stared back at the window forgetting whatever gon and killua are talking about until I heard my name come  from gons mouth "Lucy what about your parents? Where are they?" Gon asked me as they both stared at me "oh, well I never really got to meet my parents" I told them while still looking out the window "huh then who raised you?" Gon asked again "my grandma" I looked at him with a smile and he smiled back at me "so we all have family issues huh" killua bluntly said making me chuckle "haha I wouldn't call it that" gon nervously chuckled as well

       While we were talking a leak of aura caught us off guard making us shoot up "something wrong?" The chairman said as he walked to us in the opposite direction of the aura leak. "Mr netero? You didn't see anyone coming from that side didn't you?" Gon asked him "your fast for an old timer" killua told netero "oh that trick I just barely moved that's all" he replied making killua stare at him intensely "what do you want? you don't have anything to do until the last phase isn't that right" killua kept staring at him "now now no need to be so unkind I just got a little bored so I decided to have a use of company, by the way I've been meaning to ask you any thoughts on your first attempt on the hunter exam?" Netero asked us "yeah! Its a lot of fun there haven't been any written test yet and I was kind of worried about that" gon smiled with his response "eh it's not as hard as I thought it would be" I also replied to his question "I'm disappointed honestly, I expected this to be a lot more challenging but I assume the next phase will be more interesting?" Killua bluntly responded "oh well, we'll see" netero replied "let's go Lucy, gon" killua turned around to leave "wait just a moment" netero called him back "would you like to play a little game with me?" Netero questioned us three "game?" I repeated "and to make it interesting if you three can beat me I'll make you hunters on the spot" he proposed "really! I'll play!" Gon agreed almost immediately "me too!" I also agreed 'huh it's been a long time since I fought an opponent who's capable in using nen but knowing the chairman, with his power he probably won't even use it" I thought to myself with my eyebrows furrowed.

(Hunter glossary)

  "Now let's go over the rules of the game all you have to do is simply take this ball away from me if you can do that before the airship arrives you win, so let's see we're scheduled for an 8 am arrival, yes? Well that's not too bad you still have nine hours left and feel free to use any tactics you want, I will only defend I promise" netero explained "huh? That's too easy it's barely even a game" gon spoke "all we have to do is take the ball?" I questioned "yes" he replied "I'd like to go first then" I proposed "go right ahead"
"You can do it Lucy!" Gon cheered at me and I smiled at him

       I stood infront of netero and quickly launched an attack.

"Ho ho I see now" he chants as he dodges.

(Netero's pov cuz why not)

     'This girl has already mastered the arts of nen it seems, at her age too. hm she might not be like those two.. she is progressed much more, it seems like this is an enhancer user. How impressive indeed.

(Back to Lucy's pov)

    I kept on launching attacks at him but he still wouldn't loose balance, that's when I decided to start using combat instead, I activated ko into my fist and launched myself into the old man but he dodged, I swiftly stopped before I accidentally punched the wall. I kept on launching numerous attacks at him

As you can see my objective wasn't really to get the ball but to train with a much higher up.

  Until I felt myself actually drop a sweat, it's been about an hour already and I saw killua and gon staring intensely at us. "Alright I'm done" I forfeited "aw man, it was fun I gotta admit" the chairman said making me smile a bit. I tagged killua who wanted to go next and walked out of the room for some rest. 

     I sat at the window again for some time to think, *sigh* I replayed the game against netero in my mind trying to dictate what I should improve. "Nguh this makes my head hurt" I scratched my head in frustration "if I can't even make an old man loose balance, why would I even go for revenge, it's a death sentence." I pulled my knees to my chest "this is stupid, I need to get stronger..." I said as I stared at my hands and pressed them into fist trying not to get angry at myself . "grandma choi.. Kailey..." I whispered as I tried not to remembered that tragic night. I sighed begging myself not to cry but I just couldn't help it, tears started to flow out of my eyes as I was huddled with my knees up to my chest. I quickly wiped my tears and stood up to go back to the sleeping rooms but was stopped once a heard voices that belonged to two men behind me

" Heh what's a little girl like you doing here!"
"How did you even get to the 3rd phase"
"She looks too weak right, she'll probably be out-"

I sent 2 wind slashes to both, cutting them in half in the process "sorry but I'm not not in the mood" I bluntly said and continued walking not caring that there was someone behind me watching what just happened.
—————————————————————————
End of the 7th episode/ chapter