soulmate (pt.2)

Trust me love, I will protect you

A sizzling sound filled the small flat in the morning. The light escaped the window making y/n groan in annoyance. She snuggled deeper into the covers as she contemplates to wake up.

"So tell me something. Are you really the guy from my dreams?"

"Hmm." George paused for a moment, deep in thoughts before he replied as he plays with her hair "I am your soulmate. I will protect you."

Y/n wakes up in a jolt, making jinny fall on the ground. Her head feels heavy. She looks down at herself.

I'm still wearing last night's outfit. This means nothing happened.

"I'm sorry, jinny." Petting the poor furbaby.

Y/n makes her way to the kitchen while rubbing her head. "It wasn't a dream." She rubs her eyes.

"What dream?"

"Ah- you startled me. Um..good morning?"

"Good morning. I thought to make you a hangover soup." George pulls the chair for her, just like a gentleman.

"Wah, this smells amazing." Y/n drool.

"Dig in."

"Are you drunk?" y/n asked for the millionth time.
George replies with heart eyes "no."
Y/n giggles and plays with his cheeks in adoration.

The room echoed with the soft sound of y/n's old vinyl record. George pulls her by the waist, slowly guiding her to the rhythm.

"Can I kiss you?"

"I don't want to ruin our friendship." She controlled herself with all her heart.

"Why would that happen? You're my soulmate." Curiously the agent asked.

Y/n closed her eyes to think about it when she felt warm lips on hers. She gives in and smiles.

"AH! Hot hot hot"

George quickly pour her some water. "Are you okay? Where was your mind?" He gently pat her back.

Y/n felt her cheeks burning with the sudden flashback.

"George please don't be angry."

"Why would I be angry?"

She looks deep into his eyes "Did I do something wrong last night? I don't remember much but some bits here there."

George cleared his throat "ah..it was..it was not my fault."

Y/n gave a confused look.

"Last night was the best night of my life. We danced, we sang. I had the best Christmas Eve. And..I told you I'm your soulmate."

"Soulmate ha?" Y/n pulls away. "Don't be ridiculous. We're both were drunk and I can understand you were joking -"

"That wasn't a joke. You are my soulmate. I love you, y/n." He kissed her hands. "I will always protect you."

"We can't do this. It will ruin our friendship."

"What if it saves our friendship and become something beautiful. Don't you wanna find out?"

For the first time, y/n felt a comfort, certainty. She felt love and affection.

"Trust me love, I will protect you."

"From cockroaches too?"

"Especially from cockroaches." He smiled, brushing a strand of hair from her face. "May I?"

She didn't need to say anything, her eyes were enough.

It began with a small kiss. Small tender kiss. He pulls her closer, gently breathing her. She runs her fingers through his soft curls. Melting in his touch.

"I can't get enough of you." George breathlessly whisper.

"You don't have to. I'm yours."

"Yes, I'm so lucky to get to call you mine."

"I love you, George."

"I love you, my soulmate."