soulmate (pt.1)

I don't remember much but all I remember a pair of soft lips against mine, sending me to the la la land.

"It's Christmas eve, why are we still here?' y/n exasperated. The archive is empty, literally zero. Y/n bets the receptionist has also left the building and the way George is scribbling on his notebook, she was sure they're going to be stuck here all night.

"This case is important and I need to know everything." He didn't even look back from his book. She sighs and begins to pack. Ain't no way I'm going to spend my holidays cooped up in a library.

"George. We need to leave." She tugs his sleeves "Unless you want to be kicked out." He sighed in frustration. He contemplates while packing his stuff, he knows y/n is right. There's no way for him to fight in this matter.

It's Christmas Eve and the fellow agents are the only humans who's got no family or friends to spend the holidays with. Lockwood and Lucy are spending the holidays at her hometown. George is staying back this year as his parents went to Paris to spend the holidays with his older brother and his wife.

Y/n? Well, she doesn't have a family except Lockwood. She will be here the whole time. Y/n feels George silently sulking. I know the feeling of missing your family especially during occasions. She took his hand and drag him to the streets.

"I know a place that's gonna make you feel better."

The streets of London was buzzing with people. Shops were decorated with elaborate lights, thin layer of snow covered the pavement. The air smelled like Christmas.

"Where are we even going?" George asked in sour tone but the curly haired agent received an innocent wink in response. He feels a small tug in his stomach.

After some bickering, they finally reach their destination. The duo find themselves staring at a local pub. "How exactly it's gonna make me feel better?" George pushed his glasses further up his nose.

"Just trust me." She cheekly smiles at him.

"It's so hot in there." Y/n complains.

It was 2 in the morning, the couple practically got kicked out of the pub. Their wobbly feet takes them to an unknown place.

"Do you see that?" George points at the sky. Y/n looks up to find white flakes covering the ground. "It's snowing." George grins to himself.

"Let's get out of here." She begins to move but finds herself trapped in his arms.

"Stay" George whisper. Y/n feels like melting in his arms but it's not safe as she feels a chill run down her spine. She quickly pulls him with her and run away.

"We were surrounded by lurkers. This is the only place which is safe." Y/n opens the door to her apartment, leading george in. The researcher looked carefully around the house, taking every detail of the surrounding.

The flat was small, white and has a minimalist decor. He knew y/n was a clean freak but she was also simple, he got the idea. He felt something brushing against his legs. He looks down to find a cat meowing at him.

"Oh hi Lil buddy"

"That's jinny"

He grabs jinny in his arms, gently petting her. Looking at her in awe.

"Want some wine?" She calls out from the kitchen breaking his thoughts.

"Sure." He takes off his jacket and put it on the sofa. He finds a small picture of y/n smiling with some unknown faces.

"That's Sister Anna and my friends." She hands him the wine. George whisper a small thank you. "I was six years old when we took this picture. I grew up in an orphanage.." She looks down at her hand.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I never knew my parents so it doesn't matter. Besides ever since I met Lockwood, he took care of me just like his own sister. I have a family." She brightly smiles at him. George again feels something warm in his stomach.

"Are you drunk?"

"No" He smiles at her.

"We should dance" Y/n puts on the radio and take a huge sip of wine. Eventually the night starts to get darker and the quiet flat filled up with laughter and giggles.

"Are you drunk?" Y/n ask.

"No." George replies with heart eyes which makes y/n giggle and pull his cheeks.

"You're so soft"

George pulls her closer in his arms, getting lost in time. Slow dancing in each other's warmth.

"I wish the time would just stop" George thinks to himself.

"Are you drunk?"

"Nope."

" Me too. Catch me if you can. Hehe" She takes the bottle, and rushes to her room followed by George.

"Are you drunk?"

"No."

"Good. I have something to show you."

She opens up her bookshelf "These are my favourite books. You can have anything you want.

"This is my ukelele" She gives a hard strum "Here! You can have it."

"This is my cat. She's all yours." George holds her. He gives a pet and look up to find Y/n going inside her bedroom. Jinny jumps off from his lap goes to her room. George quickly follows it in curiosity.

"Come here." She calls him towards the window

George finds y/n looking out of the window. The moonlight falling on her makes her look like an angel who came from heaven. "I watch the moon when I'm sad." She dreamily looks up. "Isn't it beautiful?"

"It is."

Instead of looking at the moon, he looks at her. He couldn't help but pull her by the waist. She yelps in suprise. "Can I kiss you?" he stares at her lips.

"What if it ruins our frienship?"

"Why do you think It will ruin our friendship?"

"If we kiss and we end up hating each other, then?" She frowns.

"What if we end up loving each other, then?"

"Friends don't kiss."

"We're not friends. We're soulmates "

"Bullshit." Y/n giggles. "Are you drunk?"

"I am."

"Me too."

Y/n feels a pair of soft lips against her. She melts in his touch. George pulls her closer and deepens the kiss. She plays with his hair. It is magical.

This is so wrong.

Hello
I am back after ages. Sorry for being so late. It's a long story. It's so long it can make up a whole chapter. If you're interested to know then comment down below.
See you in the next chapter.
Byee xoxo
Word count: 1099