Days Gone By

It's been 15 days since the world fell to peices. Over half the population has been wiped out, and the dead walk the earth.

Lucifer sits on a large boulder and sharpens his knife. The serenity soon interrupted as Beelzebub arrives back from foraging.

"We've got persimmons!" The red head announces excitedly. He brings the bag of fruit around allowing the others to grab a few. Asmodeus thanks him quietly

"No problem, there's a whole buncha persimmon trees that way." Beel gestures back towards where he'd come from.

"Hell yeah!" Mammon runs up and grabs a handful.

"That doesn't mean take all of em..." he rolls his eyes but smiles. He offers some to Lucifer who simply shakes his head. Beel looks concerned for a moment before going to sit with the others.

The men eat quietly for a second before Satan speaks up from his spot on the ground.

"Did you run into any of those things out there?"

Beel nods and swallows the mouthful he'd been eating. "There was one but I took care of it." Satan nods at the response before leaning back into his tree and continuing to clean off his bat.

Asmo speaks quietly, "Does it freak anyone else out how close they've been getting to camp lately?"

"Yeah I know right... its getting concerning." Levi mumbles.

"Yeah we need to find an actual building or somethin'." Satan sighs and looks towards Beel.

Beel holds his hands up defensively. "Hey I've been lookin'. There's nothin around here, atleast not close..."

As the others talk Mammon makes his way over to Lucifer. "Aye city boy, ya ever had a persimmon?"

"Fuck off I'm trying to make sure we don't die..."

"Well damn ya ain't gotta be rude." Mammon whines. Lucifer apologizes before continuing to sharpen his knife.

"Nah but seriously, you're exhausted. You should rest." Mammon places his hand on Lucifers shoulder. The older man sighing and glancing back to him.

"Mammon, I'm terrified. I doubt I'll be able to sleep, not until we get to a safer spot-" he's interrupted as the trees across from them begin to rustle and they hear groans. A couple of the dead come limping from the treeline.

"Y'know, not in the open..." Lucifer finishes his sentence before standing. "I'll get the one on the left."

"Alright." Mammon pulls his knife out and the two walk over. The others stay where they are, Satan and Beel keeping an eye out for any more.

Mammon takes out his easily, looking over as Lucifer gets to his.

Lucifer kicks the monster back into a tree and lunges forward, stabbing it in the head. He doesn't stop though, continuing to stab over and over, well after the thing is dead.

"Lucifer!" Mammon grabs onto him and pulls him back, taking the knife away. "It's already dead... jeez." Lucifer looks back at Mammon. His eyes sting and tears fall down his cheeks, his frustration finally catching up to him.

"Dude..." Mammon sighs seeing him like that. "C'mon let's get you cleaned up and fed yeah?" He pulls the other to his feet, Lucifer nods silently.

Lucifer and Mammon walk the little way down the hill to the creek in silence. As lucifer wipes the blood off his hands off to the side, Mammon watches. "Here." Mammon helps wipe the blood off his face and hair.

They look at each other in silence before Mammon takes his hand and leads him back up to the clearing.

The others stand and look at eachother in shock and concern as they come back. "Are you ok?" Asmo asks.