chapter 4

the front door slammed behind me and i walked into the cool kitchen, relieved to be out of the heat. "hey, mummy? is it okay if i camp out tonight, with gracie, nicki and the guys?" i hugged her. 

"well i suppose," she put her hands on my head. "as long as you girls are in a seperate tent, then yeah, it's okay." she smiled at me. "yeah, we always are." i let go and ran out of the kitchen. "thanks mum, love you!" i skidded into my room, pulling out a backpack and sleeping bag and canteen. i got a change of clothes, a few toiletries, gum, a flashlight, matches and a small pillow.

 a biscuit and fifeteen minutes later i was impatiently sat on the edge of my bed, waiting for one of the twins to phone and let me know they were ready to leave.

at quarter to eleven the phone rang and i sprinted downstairs my bag hitting my back. "hello?" i picked it up. "hey we're ready to leave," gordie said. "'kay, i'll meet yous between the driveways." and with that, i put the phone down and filled my canteen. "mum, i'm goin' now!" i called walking into the living room to hug her. 

"where are you going y/n?" my sister asked me, getting off of the sofa. "i'm camping out with my friends." i gave her a hug. "can i come with you, i'm never allowed to." she whined. "not this time, next time you can though." i hugged callum and my dad, kissing my mum on the cheek and saying goodbye, trudging in the heat to meet the twins.

as we got into the centre of town a blue truck pulled over and chris jumped out. "hey. you okay gordie?" he greeted. "yeah, i'm good." gordie had been quiet the whole walk up, leaving me and gracie to discuss how worried we were about elvis in the army. he had been drafted a year ago, but she and i adored him and he was often the topic of our conversations.

chris announced that he had something to show us and he lead us behind the 'blue point' diner. my nose wrinkled at the smell from the bins. chris stood in front of us, as if he were about to do a presentation, he reached his hand in his sleeping bag and pulled out a shiny, black gun. "holy shit." i murmured.

"you wanna be the lone ranger or the cisco kid?" he passed the gun to gordie, who's mouth was agape. "walkin', talkin' jesus," he muttered. "where'd you get that?"

"hawked it off my da-" i interrupted chris. "guys, this is great, really, it's awesome but it fuckin' stinks back here. can we go?"

they ignored me and gracie and i left to wait for them in front of the diner. "sooo..." she began.
"teddy and i have a plan."

"what? to elope?" i snickered. "no, dumbass." she rolled her eyes. "at some point, i don't know when, but we're all going to ditch you and gordo. just to prepare you."

my eyebrows drew together. "what? why?" she sighed as if it were obvious. "because, y/n. we're going to ditch you two, and then you'll both confess your undying love for each other." she threw her arms up above her head.

"i preferred the plan where you and teddy eloped.." suddenly a loud bang rang out and i heard gordie and chris yelling. "gordie lachance did it! gordie lachance is shooting up castle rock!" chris ran past me, coming to a halt when he was stood behind me, his chin resting atop of my head, his hands on my shoulders.

he was practically pissing himself laughing. "what happened?" gracie asked him as gordie sulked next to her.

"man that was fine. you shoulda seen his face. that was neat." he sighed, his hysterics calming.

"you knew it was loaded, you wet end!" gordie yelled, then turned to answer his sister's question. "chris said the gun wasn't loaded so i pulled the trigger and shot a trash can!" he complained. "that was a mean trick chris."

chris moved from behind me, and held his hand out to gordon, his pinky finger lifted. "i didn't know it was loaded man, i swear."

"on your mothers grave," he hissed. "even if she goes to hell, cause you lied?" they pinky swore and gracie and i stood and watched them, giggling.

"c'mere gordo," i said, pulling to me, hugging him. i could tell he was upset, still and his arms found their way around me.

we let go, but kept one arm around each others waist ignoring gracie and chris making comments and giggling like little girls.

we walked ten steps before we bumped into chris' older brother and his asswipe of a best friend. eyeball chambers and ace merrill. ace was around twenty, he had strawberry blonde hair and always stank of beer. eyeball had curly brown hair, was a tad shorter than ace and had one blue and one green eye. hence his nickname.

"hey girls! where you goin'?" eyeball asked, his voice nasally. i was going to say something about his mum, but i couldn't cause chris was there. not that he would've cared, but still.

ace pulled the cap off of gordie's head. shit, that's denny's cap. "hey man, come on. my brother gave me that hat!"

"yeah? and now you're giving it to me." he passed the cap to eyeball, who stuck it in his back pocket.

"you're a real asshole, you know that." chris sneered. "oooh. your little brother's not
very polite, eyeball." ace grabbed chris and twisted his arm behind his back, pushing him to the floor.

"now, christopher, i know you
didn't mean to insult my friend." he scolded the boy.

"i'm sure he didn't and I'm gonna give him the opportunity of taking it back. what do you say, kid?"

"let go," he groaned. "chris just take it back," we all begged. "take it back kid." the ginger threatened, holding a lit cigarette butt infront of his red face.

"you're hurting him! let go," gracie yelled at him. "chris just take it back." the butt went closer to his eye. "fine, i take it back! i take it back!"

he was stood back up in the blink of an eye. "there, i feel much better," he smirked, pushing the blonde into the three of us. "see you later girls!" eyeball jeered. i moved my arm from around gordie and sprinted after them, pulling he blue cap out of eyeballs pocket and running off again. jesus christ, i can't breathe. fuck.

we all ran until we reached the train tracks.
panting, i passed it to gordie. he hugged me, lifting me up a foot off the ground, his head tucking into my neck. i smiled, my eyes closed, not wanting him to put me down. my stomach was being stomped on by elephants. "thank you," he whispered. my spine shivered. "you're welcome."

"well, well, well," teddy's voice exclaimed. gordie set me down almost instantly. ouch. fuck you too then. and fuck you teddy, always ruinining it, bro.

"what have we missed, vern?" he had the biggest shit-eating grin i've ever seen. i stumbled over to nicki, who had walked over with the two boys. "what happened?" she asked, her voice hushed. "tell ya later," i whispered.

"my back hurts," i announced. "and i can't feel my lungs."

"you're not meant to feel your lungs," christopher laughed. "and i'll carry your bag for a while if you want." he offered.

"thanks bro," i smiled, passing him my backpack. he nodded and we began walking down the tracks. us girls huddled together, recalling what happened with gordie and ace, the boys talking about bears and shooting trash cans.

(writers note: hii, so i just wanted to thank you for reading my book, i am so unbelievably grateful and im sorry for inconsistent uploads, but i dont really have a posting schuedule atm. apologise if the format changes and for any spelling/grammar mistakes. thank you again, love ya

-lils x)