05. Comfort

As you awaited for Jimin to arrive, you realised that you were slowly getting comfortable with him, and you knew that he was getting comfortable with you too.

Beep!

You looked outside and saw a black BMW with its hazard lights on. You headed out as you waved to Jimin who was waving to you from the window of the passenger seat. "Hey," he said as you entered his car. "Are you alright?" he asked with a look of sympathy on his face. "I hope so," you said as you fastened your seatbelt. "I'm so sorry to have bothered you," you said as you scratched your head, feeling guilty.

"No biggie," he mentioned. "You called when I was done with my family gathering." he gave you a reassuring smile. "You can pay me back some other day," he added as he drove off.

The car ride was silent, with some Ed Sheeran songs playing in the background-and not to mention the scent of his comforting cologne lingering in the car.

"You know," you said as the car slowed to a stop at the traffic. "You smell really good. What's that?" you said, referring to the type of cologne he had sprayed on himself. "Um, it's called, The "Y/N Repellent," he said jokingly as he started to drive again. "Tsk," you said as you looked out of the window. "Nice try. I'm still here, you know." you pouted. He giggled.

"Sorry. I just wanted you to smile and not worry so much. I hope you're feeling better?" he said as he played with his finger against the steering wheel. You smiled, feeling happy at the fact that he was making an effort to cheer you up.

As he made a sharp turn at the corner of the National Bank, the car slowed to a stop when he said, "We're here." You instantly got off the car and was about to thank him for the ride when you realise that Jimin was tagging along too. "You're not going back..?" you asked. It was getting late, and as much as you wanted him to stay with you, it would be inconvenient for him. "No," he said. "Let's go," he said as he took the lead and stopped at the reception.

"Hello," you said to the lady behind the reception counter. "May I know where is ward 37, room 12?" you asked as you read off your Mum's text message. "Head to your left, then go all the way straight. The room is at the corner," she replied with a smile plastered on her face. "Thanks," you said as you walked on, Jimin following behind you.

"Room 12," you said as you opened the door, revealing your father that was lying down on bed with his eyes shut and some of his body parts had been bandaged due to severe injuries. You walked up to the bed, tearing up at the sight of your father laying down in such a manner. It was a painful sight to look at-very painful.

"If there was someone to be blamed for causing all this," you said as you caressed your Father's hands, "It has to be me." you continued and you started to burst out crying. You felt embarrassed to be breaking down in front of Jimin, but you felt that you were the one who had caused all this, you felt guilty.

"I just feel that I could've done so much more to make them happy, but-" your words were cut off as Jimin pulled you in for a hug. Your head now buried on his chest as he placed a hand on the right side of your waist, stroking your back with the other. "It's okay. Sometimes we can't stop this from happening. If it's meant to be, it will be." he tried to cheer you up. "Don't dwell on it too much, I'm sure he will get better, okay?" Jimin added before loosening his embrace.

"Wait," you said as you tugged on the back of his shirt as he was about to let go. He pulled away to look at you. "Can we stay like this for a little while more?" you said as you sobbed softly. You felt comfortable in his embrace. It was warm and gentle.

"Sure," Jimin grinned. "Anything as long as you feel better," he said as he tightened his embrace around you. You hugged his waist, sobbing in his chest as you thought about the words he said. You could relate to it. You've always felt so guilty when something bad happens, so it becomes a habit for you to blame yourself which was emotionally unhealthy. It only makes you feel worse.

On the other hand, you thought if Jimin would regard this hug as one of his friendly ones, but that goes without saying. Hey, wake up. Stop dreaming, Y/N. He's your teacher and you are his student, nothing more than that, you thought to yourself as you felt a tinge of sadness lingering in your heart.

"Y/N, where is your Mum?" you heard him say in your left ear, but you didn't want to answer him and just shut your eyes. You were caught up in the moment, and felt yourself not wanting to let yourself out of his embrace. Your Mum must've gone to grab a bite for herself, but you didn't want to face her; not at the moment. Maybe when Father gets better, you thought.

"Y/N?" he said as he looked down at you, only to realise that you had drifted off to sleep. He smiled, realising how adorable you could get.

He carried you up bridal style as he walked out of the room to his car, gently laying you down at the back seat, careful to not wake you up. Not knowing where to go, he drove back to his apartment where he placed you on his bed and put you to sleep and made sure you were comfortable before he went to bed.