06. Distracted

You woke up the next morning, only to find yourself in a different atmosphere than you usually woke up in. You turned to your left, surprised to find him next to you. Can't be.... you thought to yourself. You looked underneath the sheets and heaved a sigh of relieve when you realise that you still have your clothes on.

It took you a while to remember that you fell asleep in the hospital yesterday, in out of all positions but whilst you were hugging him. You facepalmed yourself, feeling embarrassed, but come to think of it, you actually liked it.

You stared at Jimin while he was sleeping. You caressed his cheek gently, making sure he wouldn't wake up at your touch. He looked so beautiful, you can't help but stare.

You sat on the bed as you looked around in his room. It was definitely way more cleaner and organized compared to your own room which made you feel ashamed because he's a male and you're a female, yet he does a better job at cleaning compared to you.

You got out of bed and went out to his living room. His house was small but big enough for one who lives alone, like yours. It was very clean, as if he had just moved in.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

You felt your stomach grumble. You head towards the kitchen and opened the refrigerator and saw a pack of kimchi. You grabbed the kimchi and decided that you'd make your signature kimchi jjigae (stew) which Hani had claimed it to be good enough for you to open up a restaurant.

You had cooked a serving for two and had your fill before you went on to get a shower. Not knowing that Jimin was already up and was having his meal, you exited the bathroom with a long towel wrapped around your body.

"Good morning," he said, looking at you as he chewed his food carefully. You jumped, startled. He was probably the only guy who had seen you in that manner. "Um good morning," you replied as you awkwardly walked into his room before closing the door.

You felt ashamed and shy, but you didn't mind the fact that he saw you like that, maybe because you were already comfortable with him. You walked out of his room after putting your clothes on.

"Y/N." he called as you sat next to him on the sofa, keeping a safe distance. "You make really good kimchi jjigae," he said, eyes fixed on the television. "Can you make it for me again next time?" he said jokingly, but you didn't mind.

"Yeah sure, why not?" you said as you smiled at him. "Maybe this would be how I would pay you back for everything. Thanks for putting me to bed last night," you said as you smiled at him before getting up to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow," you said as you put on your shoes before leaving. "Don't forget about your extra lesson after school tomorrow!" he reminded. "See you!"

As you left his apartment, you felt a sense of emptiness in you. Was it because you felt comfortable when he was around or was it just because... you were slowly falling in love with him?

The rest of your Sunday went pretty normal. Sundays were meant for you to complete the assignments given by the teachers. As you took out your Mathematics homework, all of a sudden, the image of you and Jimin hugging yesterday started appearing in your mind. Distracted, you decided to play some music thinking it would help, but there was no difference.

"I might be starting to fall in love with him, this is bad.." you muttered to yourself as you wrote down the solutions.

THE NEXT DAY IN SCHOOL.....

Your day went by really slowly. You looked forward to the extra lesson Jimin had scheduled with you later. You just felt the need to be around him. You needed to be with him-it's as if he has already become a part of you.

Riiiiiinngg!

The bell rang, signalling the end of school. You had told Hani beforehand that you will no longer be able to have lunch with her after school as often as you did before due to the extra lessons. Being the understanding friend she always was, Hani agreed but on one condition-recess time remains the same. You'd have to eat with her like you usually did, and you know that goes without saying.

You stood infront of the classroom where Jimin had told you to go after school ends. Without hesitating, you opened the door as he looked at you and smiled. "Hey," he said. "Take a seat," he pointed to one of the empty chairs. You sat down as you stared at him as he wrote down something on the center of the board.

"Am I the only one here?" you voiced your thoughts out loud. "Do you see anyone else?" he said as he chuckled. "Now," he said as he closed the marker. "Tell me, what's your understanding about Mathematics, Y/LN?" he asked.

"Numbers and difficult equations?" you answered with an eyebrow raised. "Is that how one is suppose to view Mathematics, Ji-, I mean, Mr. Park?" you cleared your throat as you remembered that you were in school grounds. "No," he said. "There's so much more than just numbers and difficult equations," he said. "We'll find out along the way. As for now, we are going to focus on making you improve before year-end exams," he added as he passed you a stack of practice papers before seating next to you. "We'll go through this together. Be sure to ask me questions if you don't understand!" Jimin said.

You found the extra lesson to be alot more interesting than you had expected it to be. Mr. Park knew what he was doing and made sure you understood everything that he told you. You found yourself looking forward to attending it everyday.

FEW MONTHS LATER...

It's been a few months since you've attended the extra classes Mr. Park holds for you. Your grades are getting better, and you felt good about making him happy when you passed your previous weekly test.

"See! I told you, you could do it!" he said as he pointed to your test paper excitedly. You grinned. "All thanks to you, Mr. Park. Your extra lessons are really useful," you added.

But as days passed, you realised that you've fallen in love with him. How now?