Chapter 8

"I've been thinking," Annie says as we climb out of the car waving at Argus as he drives off.

"What about kid," I say fidgeting with the straps on my quiver of arrows.

"Seaweed Brains prophecy," Her face sneers.

I wish she would let go of the whole Athena vs Posidon rivalry because out of everyone here she should understand that we aren't our parents but I digress.

"I hope it makes more sense to you than it does to me," Percy says swinging his backpack over his shoulder.

"The second line was easy, "You shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned" obviously talking about the bolt,"

"The last line is next to impossible to unwind "And you shall fail to save what matters most, in the end" I don't like how that sounds," She says trailing off.

"The first line took me a while to get to but I think I figured it out. "You shall go west, and face the god who has turned,". First bit is easy, go west can't get any easier than that,"

"Other than the clear issue of how far west," Percy cuts in earning a glare from Annie.

"If you'd wait Seaweed Brain I would get to that," She snaps returning the glare. "What god would profit from a fight between the thunder god and your father?" She asks.

"Hades," Percy whispers the ground shaking under our feet.

"Man, please stop using names!" Grover bleets.

"Exactly, he can simultaneously grow his kingdom and get back at his brothers from giving him the short straw when dividing the world. It makes sense," Annie finishes ignoring Grovers plea.

"Awesome. Where does Ha-" Percy is cut off by a pleading look from Grover, "Fine, the lord of the dead, where does he live?"

"Do you really not know anything?"

"Annie cool it, he's brand new to this world," I remind her placing a hand on her shoulder.

She huffs looking up at me pressing her lips together.

"LA, he's in LA,"

"Great! We can use the money and get us tickets on the first flight to LA," Percy says reaching into his back pocket.

"Are you nuts!" Annie says.

"What, it's the fastest way and if you didn't notice we are kind of on a tight schedule,"

"You want to go into your fathers enemies territory on the brink of a war. Not to mention that you shouldn't exist," Annie hisses.

"Then how are we going to get to LA, we can't walk," Percy snaps back.

"There is such thing called a bus," I offer pointing at a Greyhound terminal.

The two kids look at eachother before crossing their arms and walking with Grover and I over to the Greyhouse terminal. As we board the next bus I show the driver our tickets and follow Annie back. We sit right behind the boys who are deep in conversation and Annie is glaring out of her window.

"Hey, kiddo. You need to cool it a bit with Percy," I say sitting down placing my bags at my feet.

"How can someone so powerful be so stupid," She mutters glaring at the builds whipping past us.

"He has been in this world for like 2 weeks, you weren't great at this when you first started," I say brushing a piece of hair out of her face.

"That's true...but gods he is stuipd,"