Draft day and the first time

Two days after graduation, Jase was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the fifth round of the 2000 amateur draft. It just so happened that he was home alone when he got the call—both of his parents were out of town for the night, his little sister was at camp, and Ace was at work.

So, not knowing what else to do, he drove over to the country club, where she was lifeguarding and showed up with a giant Cheerwine from the drive-thru with what Ace called 'the good ice.' After all, he wanted to tell her first. The rest of his family could wait.

Ace was currently sitting atop the lifeguard stand, surveying the deep end, working on an already impressive tan. Fuck me, my girlfriend is HOT. Walking down the steps to the pool from the clubhouse, his shorts felt a little tighter, and he blushed, clutching his folded towel at his waist.

"Problems?" Justin smirked, having seen this all happen, laughing at his best friend from his plastic chair by the shallow end.

"Thanks, all I needed to hear was your annoying ass voice, and I'm cured," he joked under his breath as he walked by, tossing the towel on a vacant lounge seat halfway between Ace and Justin. "When are you guys off duty?"

Justin looked down at his watch, "'bout ten minutes. Where you been all day?"

"Waiting for the phone to ring, duh," Ace grinned, walking up behind Jase, smacking his ass as she walked by. "So?"

Jase couldn't help but grin so wide it almost hurt. "I'm going to Baltimore."

Ace and Justin had almost the exact same reaction. They both took off their sunglasses and startled. Justin jumped out of his chair where he'd been lazily slouched seconds before. Ace jumped on Jase and wrapped her legs around him.

"WHAT?!" they both echoed.

"Damnit Ace, you stole my move," Justin added.

All three of them laughed. "She's a lot lighter than you," Jase grinned at her, talking to Justin.

"But not as cute, I know, I know," Justin added. "Sorry Ace, the truth had to come out sooner or later."

Ace rolled her eyes, still hanging on to Jase, and he realized he was going to have to set her down or the three kids left in the pool right now were going to see a lot more than their moms would prefer. He gently lowered her back to the concrete pool deck.

"You gettin' in?" she nodded back to the water. "Come on." Ace flashed him the most magnificent smile, and then skipped off toward the diving board.

Jase stared wistfully as she tightened the string in her red bikini bottoms.

Justin laughed to himself. "You're a hopeless case, man. We celebrating tonight, or is this a one on one kind of situation?"

Jase winked over his shoulder as he strode off to catch up with his girlfriend. "Lemme get back to you."

He jumped in the water about 6 inches away from Ace's dive. He spun himself around to face her when she resurfaced. "Hi."

She pressed her lips together and lifted her eyebrows. "Hey."

"So I'm going to your team," he reminded her.

She beamed again, bright white teeth throwing stark contrast to her darkening skin. "I'm so proud of you."

Jase couldn't decide if he wanted to melt or fly to the moon. "Celebrate with me tonight?"

"Hell yeah! What are we doing?"

"Well my parents are out of town tonight," he began.

"Jase Wilder, are you propositioning me?" she laughed.